Chapter 11: What I Remember

Thomas saw everything. His friends drowning were sent up to the maze. The place they worked in. The trials and tests. It was all starting to come together now. He was working for W.C.K.D along with Skylar and Teresa. They were the ones that sent the boys in the glade.

Skylar.

He saw her and how different she was. Her hair was tied in a messy bun as she worked on her computer. Thomas could see the figures on her screen. A mental, spider-like creature that he saw before -A Griever.

They designed them.

''Well done, Skylar.'' A woman from behind the girl said. Thomas watched with curious eyes as Skylar was taken somewhere he didn't know. Thomas then found himself in a room with the brunette girl, documents in his hands.

''We made this?'' He asked, looking at the codes on the piece of paper for Grievers. Skylar smiled up at him, grabbing onto the papers as he nipped through them. ''Yes, you jealous?''

''I'm proud of you, Sky.'' Thomas was always proud of her. Skylar was someone he didn't expect he'd get close to when he was brought to the facility at a young age. Yet, the moment he saw her.

He turned to her, smiling at her gorgeous face. Skylar noticed the way he was looking at her.

Skylar felt fluttering in her stomach. She'd never admitted it but she liked him a lot. As the whiskey boy continued to stare down at his familiar smile, she let herself lean up. Attaching her soft lips onto his. Thomas held her closer.

As they pulled away, Thomas wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground to spin her. Skylar laughed, gripping tightly onto his shoulders.

***

''You're staring,'' Skylar muttered, typing onto her computer as the dark-haired girl next to her couldn't keep her eyes off the brunette next to her. Thomas chuckled from his seat across from her, watching the two girls chatter.

''You're acting differently today,'' Teresa noted, eyes glancing between her two friends. ''What did you two?''

''Nothing, Teresa.'' The brunette girl teased, shooting the dark-haired girl across from her with a quick look. Exchanging a smile. There wasn't a policy on whether or not they were allowed to be a couple but they couldn't risk it.

***

Soon Thomas saw that he was talking to Skylar in a dark hallway. The brunette girl in front of him was panicking and he couldn't understand why.

''Thomas... why are we doing this?'' Skylar asked him, voice shaking in fear. ''I couldn't see them go through that. I don't know we were making a creature that was killing kids.''