Chapter 2- I'm Thomas!

______Escape The Maze_____

[Chapter 2: I'm Thomas]

At night time, everyone stood around a pile of wood and bits of hay that was shaped some kinda scarecrow or figure. The top of it included the dead bones of the dead goat they had feasted. It was quiet for a while. All the Gladers patiently anticipating the signal from their leader to begin the bonfire.

''Light it up!''

With a round of cheers and hollers, the Keeper threw lit torches on the pile of wood and grew louder as the pile burned a bright light that lit up the center of their home. Everyone continued to holler and cheer, chanting happily as the bonfire had already begun.

Music had played by some of the boys using buckets, sticks, and containers. Gally and the rest of the boys were wrestling, the others simply interacting with each other and had fun.

Skylar grinned ear to ear happily at the sight of everyone having fun and a good time, it was feeling better after going to the Med-jacks who patched her cut and a quick nap in their hammock. Minho was worried for her but Skylar shrugged it off, saying it was just a small cut.

The brunette girl sat with Minho and the rest of the Runners and Gladers. Skylar was sharping her weapons and arrows for her bow. Minho was drinking Gally's secret recipe moonshine that tasted like klunk yet oddly satisfying at the time. They all laughed one of Ben's jokes, Skylar resting her arm on Minho's shoulder for support.

Her dark brown irises landed on the other side of the party. The greenie sat beside Newt, both of them resting against the log away from everybody else. She watched them converse but not exactly hearing the conversation due to the distance. Skylar saw Newt hand over a jar of Gally's moonshine, laughing to herself at the scene of Greenie immediately spitting out the amber liquid. It was a weird taste.

''The Greenie caught your interest?'' Minho snaps the biracial girl out of her observation. She turned to the smirking Runner and was quick to playfully punch his shoulder.

''Oh, shut up,'' Skylar mumbled. ''He's a strange one.''

''Strange for you to give him firtling eyes?'' Minho teased.

''I was not.'' Skylar protested, throwing bits of dust on Minho's shoes causing the two to laugh at each other.

Meanwhile, The Greenie continued to spit and cough out the remaining taste of the moonshine he just drink.

''Oh my God... What is that?'' He coughed out, handling back the jar to Newt.

''I don' know.'' Newt snickered, staring at the liquid inside the jar. The English boy tilted his body to point at the Keeper of the Builders who was occupied with his match. ''It's Gally recipe. It's a trade secret.''