Chapter 9: Find A Way Out

That night, Skylar's dream haunts her once again. Leaving her with questions as soon as she woke up but it wasn't the time for that. She had to go back to the Maze that day with Thomas and Minho. Skylar admitted to herself, maybe they would find a way out.

Skylar has her weapons and her running gear. She walked beside Minho as they both made their way towards the pit to get Thomas. It was still fairly early, the maze doors hadn't even opened yet.

''Where were you last night?'' Minho spoke up. He saw that the girl wasn't in her hammock after dinner.

Skylar shrugged ''I was talking to Thomas.''

''You like him, don't you?'' Minho asked, stopping in his tracks causing Skylar to do the same.

The brunette girl sighed, running a hand through her hair. Minho was one of her best friends and she knew it wouldn't take long until he'd notice how much Thomas had affected her.

''I do Min,'' Skylar confessed, glancing between the ground and the Asian boy in front of her. ''But it's complicated and I don't want to focus on that right now.''

''We have to find a way out of here.'' She told him with a look of seriousness then began walking again. Minho could only shake his head, jogging after her.

As soon as they reached the pit, Minho in front of the wooden bars saw Thomas wide awake. Waiting to get out of the makeshift prison.

''Big day, Greenie,'' Minho said. ''Are you sure you don't wanna sit this one out?''

Skylar chuckled at Minho's words to him. She stood behind the Keeper, watching the exchange, chuckling to herself. Like Thomas would ever do that.

''Come on, man.'' Thomas smiled, ''Get me out of here.''

''All right.'' Minho unlocked the wooden gate. As soon as the doors were opened, Thomas pulled himself out, jumping out of the pit. Skylar sent him a smile once he was ready. The trio went to the Map room to get into their running gear and fact that Thomas was new to this.

Skylar, Minho, and Thomas made their way towards the Maze doors that were open. The brunette girl was tying her hair up in a messy bun as they walked.

''Does that even help?'' Minho asked, teasingly. Thomas saw Skylar scoff at this, hearing the rumbling of the doors that began to open.

''Even if it doesn't.'' Skylar began, turning around to face the two boys while she walked backward. A smirk on the girl's face. ''I still beat you every time, Minho.''

''Let's go.'' And with that, she turned back around and sprinted inside, already knowing the other two were not far behind Skylar.

They ran through Sectors Five and Six. Trying to get to the inner ring of the maze. Skylar panted as she ran, trying not to fall on any rocks that were scattered everywhere on the floor. The three of them were now running side by side as they noted a giant number Seven painted on the wall in red ink.

''That's strange,'' Skylar commented, staring at the number. She was confused as to why the sector was open when it was supposed to be another.

''What?'' Thomas asked, noticing that both Minho and Skylar had slowed down.

''Seven is not supposed to be open for another week,'' Minho said in confusion.

The three continued their path, going through large metal blade structures. Trying their best to dodge them as Thomas asked. ''What the hell is this place?''