Chapter 10: Attack of the Grievers

With the doors, not closing and multiple ones opening, everyone began to panic

With the doors, not closing and multiple ones opening, everyone began to panic. Thomas turned to the youngest Glader, he had a plan in his head.

''Chuck, go to the Council Hall and start barricading the doors.'' Chuck nodded, following his plan as Newt turned to Winston. ''Winston, you go with him.''

''Got it.'' He said, following Chuck to the Council Hall.

''Teresa, could you watch Chuck for me?'' Skylar turned to the dark-haired girl who nodded.

Gally turned to the other Gladers and began barking orders. ''Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest. Go hide now!''

''Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. I'll meet you at Council Hall.'' Thomas told Minho who nodded in understanding.

''Please Minho be safe!'' Skylar called out to Minho, Newt, and the others who gave her a reassuring smile. Thomas turned to her, holding onto her shoulder as she listened carefully.

''Sky, you and I are gonna go get Alby, all right?'' Skylar nodded before turning her head to the sound of the other gladers screaming on the east side of the glade. They were running away from the doors and Sky was curious as to why until she heard the whirring and clicking sounds she knew all too well. A Griever's leg popped out of the maze causing everyone to panic even more.

Alright, everybody hide!'' Thomas yelled, everyone following his command except Skylar who stayed still in front of the entrance. She was shocked at what was happening and couldn't move, only watching as a Griever made its way towards her.

''Skylar!'' Thomas called out, grabbing her arm to pull her away from getting killed. ''Come on!''

Thomas led her to a part of the gardens where tall weeds and grass with some of the other gladers. They kept silent, kneeling down as to not be seen by any of the grievers. A loud rustle came from behind them along with a scream causing all of them to turn their heads around. Skylar could feel her heart pounding as it was silent only for her to scream when a metal claw had grabbed onto the Keeper of the Track-hoes.

''Zart!'' Skylar screamed trying to get him but he was soon pulled away by the creature. The sounds of more grievers were heard, alerting them that they had to move from their hiding spots. Skylar began running towards the homestead, knowing Thomas was right behind her as he screamed running through the leaves. ''Go! Get to the village!''

''Alby!'' Jeff and Clint had Alby around their necks, the sight of him unharmed made Skylar feel some sort of relief.

''Are you okay?'' Skylar asked only for Alby to ask. ''What's going on?''

''They're here,'' Thomas told him seeing the sudden change in Alby's expression along with the Med-jacks.

''Grievers?'' Jeff asked them in worry. One of the gladers was taken by another griever not too far from them making them all move back.