Chapter 36 - A Sinister Consequence

Start from the beginning

"I hope your majesty find this food edible tonight. Though everyone think she is good but still she is a young lady of our family and needs more learning"

Manik looked at her but did not replied whole Chityakanta took the initiative to reply "what are you saying? Lakshya is really skill that she offered such good meal tonight. I am totally surprised that she made such amount of efforts to treat us all in her special day"

Sumeska chuckled lightly "this is too much of a praising. My daughter always loved to have peace and coming here has changed her a lot. She has become more matured than before" she turned her head and looked at Lakshya "I am glad she requested such idea of giving everyone a meal here. She is clearly devoted in serving"

Chityakanta nodded "this child is really generous. You have raised her well"

Sumeska felt her heart swelling with pride "empress dowager is kind for praising like this. Lakshya thank her highness"

Lakshya bowed respectfully "I thank your highness for such praise"

Before she could start to eat another voice stopped her.

"Young lady Lakshya"

Lakshya looked up and found Nandini smiling at her "young lady worked so hard to treat everyone such s great meal. It must have made young lady tired. Since it's your big day and I would like to share a drink with you, actually thanking you for giving us such delightful banquet"

"Empress has praised much. Your highnesses kind gesture I don't dare to refuse" Lakshya smiled warmly.

Nandini nodded "Atropa present the drink"

Atropa walked forward hold a tray where few glasses are kept. She walked towards Lakshya and forwarded the tray.

"Young lady it's your big day please" Nandini urged.

"Thank you empress" Lakshya smiled and took one glass.

Then Atropa walked towards Nandini and served the drink to Chityakanta, Manik and Nandini.

Nandini raised the glass "in the honour of Young lady Lakshya"

Then everyone drank the drink. It was a blackberry juice made with adding extra other juices with some other spices. The drink first has sour taste but then it filled with sweetness. Lakshya drank and felt her throat slightly burning. She frowned and looked around. Other were talking lively so she ignored it and started to eat but with passing time the burning started to grow wider and now she felt her stomach aching and buring. She clutched her stomach and it started to pain.

"Today's banquet will be memorable. This is the first time there is a banquet in our temple" Master monk who have not said a word till now suddenly said.

"I want to thank master for giving permission to hold this banquet" Sumeska smiled "Lakshya you shoul thank master for this kindness..." Before she could finish a horrifying scream heard in the entire courtyard.

Thos who were eating slight jumped with the sudden scream. Everyone's eyes looked towards the source and found the dignified lady of today's host was clutching her stomach and screaming in pain.

"Lakshya.." Sumeska's eyes widened and moved towards her daughter "what happened to you... Lakshya" she was calling and pulling Lakshya's body.

Lakshya was not in position to reply as she screamed again. Sumeska turned towards Master monk "master please look at my daughter. What's happening to her?"

Master monk's eyes narrowed "she was all fine earlier. What happened suddenly? Did she ate something allergic to her?" 

"No, the foods are made by her personally. She couldn't mistake like that. And now she just had s drink-" Sumeska's eyes flew towards Nandini "is not it happening after drinking her highnesses offered drink?"

Nandini raised her eyebrows "aunt is quite forgetful. We all had drink from the same plate. By that words are you doubting me?"

Lakshya screamed again. Sumeska's eyes filled with rage "she was all fine but just after drinking she reacted like this. I am not accusing your highness. I just want to give my daughter justice" then she turned and hugged Lakshya's body before looking up "master monk please investigate the drink and check my daughter. She is in such pain" she cried out.

Master monk frowned "Arak"

Arak stand up from his seat and walk towards Lakshya's seat. He first took the glass then checked it before looking at Master monk "master, the drink just normal blackberry juice and there is nothing abnormal about it. It's perfectly fine"

Hearing that Sumeska's heart tensed. Lakshya let out another scream startling everyone. Arak moved and grabbed her wrist to check. After free second his eyes widened and he started to move away from her.

Master monk frowned "Arak what happened?"

"Master" Arak turned to him "it's ..it's ..Red Pearl"

Hearing the answer everyone gasped loudly. Red Pearl? Who don't know about it? It was a fatal poison go discovered years ago. But no one knew the origin of it. Even the master poison wanted to reaserch on it but even after trying he did not find anything at all. No one know who made it or what kind of herbs used to make this.

"What..red pearl?" Sumeska asked.

Arak turned to her "Lady Lakshya taken Red Pearl poison and it started to show it's effects. It is a fatal poison without any origin. No one know who made it but it's results is terrific. When the poison starts its effects it is impossible for the victims to live more than a week"

"What?" Sumeska's heart gree cold "there must be an antidote. Every poison has right?"

Arak shook his head "even master poison couldn't find any trace of its origin or the types of ingredients which used to make it let alone making an antidote"

Sumeska's eyes widened "then...." Lakshy let out another scream. Her skin started to show crack in blue lines.

"I couldn't help in this matter. Only it's creator know how to stop it. I  sorry to say but unfortunately young lady might not able to pass this week. Unless the master who made it gives antidote of this poison no one can save her"

Hearing that Sumeska's heart dropped and she collapsed. Lakshya was screaming in pain. Her scream was so terrifying that it startled everyone's heart in that moment. What they planned and what this happened? Her daughter is almost in deathbed.

How all of this happened?

On the side Atropa and Ageratina looked at the scene and their heart felt cold. This fatal poison only stops after taking its victims life. Their gaze turned towards Nandini who was watching the scene with sneer.

Only if their lady....

Lakshya's life and death is depends on Nandini's hands.

Note:-

It's true Karma do exist. It's just in reality it takes time  but in story it depends on author's mind and plot. But one thing is truth that your Karma will surely hit you back and pay you everything you do in your life. Just because you are happy now it doesn't mean you will not cry later. The main thing is depends on your choice between good and bad. If you do good then good will come and if you do bad then it will come back to you in double. You won't die until you pay your deeds in this life and that's what we call Hell . It's just a matter of time and matter of choice we do in our lives.

This not directed to anyone. It's just my thought about Karma.