Chapter 18: The cost of standing up

Ashley's P.O.V.

I look around and spot half of our school and what makes me sick is we are walking towards Spyroulla and her group. "Sir?"

"Yes slave, What is it?" He looks at me with all his attention.

"Why are we here?"

"Well, it's Chris' birthday." He smiles, "And I think you deserve to have a good time and relax a bit."

"Uhm- you can hang out with your friends and I will get myself a drink." I strive to get out of his grip which makes him pull me closer to himself as he whispers, "I have a better idea. Why don't you be my obedient arm candy so I can reward you later?"

I bite my lip and look at Jenny and Spyroulla smirking at me, I don't know how Sean found out about the cafeteria and if he did, why is he forcing me to interact with them?

"You look better without the ketchup." John comments and as a result, everyone bursts into laughter.

"Happy Birthday." I nervously mutter and look at Chris who has Jenny on his lap.
Chris exchanges a look with Sean and offers me a warm smile, "I am glad you came."

Spyroulla stands up and flicks her hair, "Excuse me." Jenny follows her as I could read the pissed expression on her face and I am happy I caused it. I didn't know she was this serious about Sean.

Sean and I spend a couple of hours drinking some mild cocktails and dancing. I have to admit, he was right, I do feel relaxed. "Sir?"

"Yes, slave."
Why is he calling me slave today? I mean I like it but it is a very strong word.

"Thank you for bringing me here, I am really enjoying myself."

His eyes twinkle as he pulls me closer to himself with his arms around my waist and starts moving with the song. "Don't you worry, it's gonna be a long night."

Suddenly I hear my phone ring and I excuse myself since I have a feeling it's from home, my dad's gonna kill me. To my surprise, it's the same unknown number, I decide not to answer and the next moment my screen flashes with a notification from the same number.

"Emerald suits you but I am curious what's underneath. Keep your panties in the vase on booth number four ;)"

I gasp and cringe at the same time and text back, "Fuck off." 

This is getting way out of my hand, I need to know who is behind all this. I need to talk to Sean. I adjust my hair in the powder room to only see Jenny and Spyroulla walk in as well.

I take that as a cue to leave, I already have a lot on my plate, she is the least of my priorities.

"Don't you understand bitch?" Someone yells and before I know I feel sharp pain in my spine as I am pinned against the wall. I open my eyes and look at Jenny holding me against the smooth tiles while Spyroulla continues screaming, "He is mine. Do not mess with me. I swear Ketchup was just a trailer. I will make your last year in college a long stretched humiliation."

I sigh and look at Jenny, "You are squeezing my arms way too hard, if this leaves marks, I will not hesitate to tell Sean about this. And," I turn my gaze towards Spyroulla, "I have a feeling he is very 'possessive' of me." I mentally chuckle as her eyes widen in rage and Jenny pulls her away instead of pushing me against the wall.

I quickly leave and make my way back to the party hall, I look around for him but he is nowhere to be seen. I need to tell him about this creep and the pictures from our wax play session.

To my annoyance, my phone rings again and it's him, Mr.unknown. I curse under my breath and flinch as someone taps my shoulder.

"Where were you?" Sean asks me a little annoyed.

"We need to talk." I grab his arm and start walking towards an empty booth where the music is a little less unbearable. Although it is stupid to expect that in a club.

"What happened?" He raises a brow.

"Someone's blac-" I couldn't complete my sentence as I feel a sharp pain on my arm followed by a loud ringing in my ear.

It was a gunshot.