Chapter 25: Signs

Luci sat next to the window looking out at the snow when Dimitry sat next to her holding a cup of tea.

"Want some minty tea sweetheart?" he asked holding the cup out to her.

'Yes please.' her mental voice said as she took the cup from her godfather.

'You look tired, did you get any sleep?' Luci asked as she touched her godfather's arm worriedly.

'I got a little sleep dear, but the nightmares were very bad.' he said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

'then please go take a nap.' Luci said as she kissed him on the cheek before smiling at Regulus as he sat down across from them.

"Did you have any lunch, Luci?" he asked as he kissed the top of her head. 'Not yet.' Luci replied as she smiled up at her father fondly.

"I can make you some pasta if you like." he offered to which Luci smiled before nodding.

'yes please' she said before she was joined by Michael and Anwyll who sat down opposite her.

"How do you feel?" Michael asked as he held her hand in his own while looking at her worriedly as he and Anwyll put a hand on her shoulder.

'I feel okay, just a little woozy and sleepy is all.' Luci replied as she rested her head on her friend's shoulder.

"That's good, will you tell us if you need anything at all?" Anwyll asked as he patted her hand before rising. 'I will.' Luci said as she sent her friend a small smile.

"Thanks Lu." Michael said before leaning in to press a small kiss to her cheek.

'Anytime.' Luci responded with a small laugh at the gesture before glancing over at her godfather to hide the growing blush.