Chapter 7: Clocks & Clues

(Anwyll's view)

We landed with a thud on wooden floors in a familiar setting.

I looked to my right and saw Michael sitting up rubbing his head. "Mike, are you okay?" I asked, reaching over to grab his hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine." he said, as I helped him to his feet before we hurried over to Luci.

"Luce?" I asked, as the two of us dropped to our knees beside her.

"Y-Yeah?" she asked, as we helped her up.

"Where do you think we are?" I asked, and she grinned.

"We're still at Hogwarts." she said, as she grabbed my hand with hers just as Michael grabbed her other hand.

"Come on, let's go. and we can't be seen." she said, as the three of us crept down the stairs while keeping close to the shadows.

"I hear voices." Michael whispered as we ducked into a near by broom closet.

"I hear them too." I whispered back with a quick glance at Luci.

'Who do you think it is, Lu?' I asked, and she listened intently for a moment before looking at us.

'That's my father's voice.' she said, as she clutched her necklace tightly in one hand while holding mine in the other.

'How can you tell?' I asked as the three of us crept out of our hiding place before quickly and quietly following after them while keeping ourselves hidden in the shadows.

'His accent is very rich and thick' she said, and I nodded.

'Okay, that should be easy to recall.' I said, as we continued to follow after the three figures while staying in the shadows.

'Lu, where do we go next?' Michael asked as we ducked behind a tall trophy case.

'Shhh!' she hissed as we continued to follow closely behind without being seen. 'Luce?' Michael asked and she met his gaze quickly.

'What?' she inquired with a grim expression 'Look.' he said pointing down the corridor ahead.

'What is--?' she began but was quickly cut off when he put a finger to his lips and pulled us into another cupboard.

"Shhh!" he said, as the three of us listened intently before making a mad dash after them and diving behind a large statue.