Chapter 27

Roselyns POV

Mom had been wanting to talk to me about Sirius knowing we broke up. I knew I needed a girl to talk to not my own brother.

"He just kinda disappeared through the dance but I didn't notice it because I was having so much fun-oh god!"

"What honey?" Mom asked as we where sitting on my bed.

"I forgot what this will do to James. This is his best friend,"

"Oh forget it,"

"I can't believe I forgot about that,"

"Ok let's go downstairs and get something to eat," mom said grabbing my hand.

"After everything James has done for me the past week,"

"Honey slow down, just tell me what happened from the beginning,"

"After a little bit I wanted to find Sirius and dance with him so I asked a couple people where he was but no one saw him. I went outside to see if he was taking a break and I s..saw him kissing someone else," I say bursting into tears.

"That doesn't make any sense. This is Sirius we're talking about? He sends you at least 20 letters a day,"

"I don't know, I just want to eat and stop talking about this,"

"Ok well here is a cookie to hold you over for a little while stippy makes you food,"

"Thank you mom," I say hugging her. "I'm gonna go to my room for a little can you call me down when it's ready,"

"Yeah I'll go up and get you because your father and James are already sleeping,"

"Well it is 2:00 in the morning," I said walking up the stairs.

I go into my room. I walk to my closet and grab a box that had stuff in it and dump the inside. I put the box on my bed and start grabbing this that were Sirius's or that reminds me of him.

I put in a t-shirt that had Queen on it.

*flashback 2 weeks ago*

I was sitting at the black lake blasting music on a muggle radio and doing homework.

"Well hello," I recognize the voice. Sirius.

"Hello Sirius," I say not look up from my paper.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Homework," I say still not looking up.

"Can you take a break with me and just hang out,"

"Sirius I can't do that. I need to work on my grades if I'm gonna get a job. Mcgonagall is going to talk to us after winter break and ask us what we want to be,"

"Well that's in a month,"

"Sirius I'll hang out with you later,"

He walks over behind me and picks me up bridal style.

"Sirius put me down!"

"No way am I doing that," he says walking over the the lake. He had his ankles in and he's still holding me.

"Don't even think about it," I say holding onto him, "I don't even have spare clothes,"

"I'll give you my shirt afterwards,"

Before I could say anything he through me in. I got my head above water.

"What the hell!"

He takes off his shirt and jumps in.  We splashed each other and kissed. He was kinda nice to be honest but i was never going to admit it. In the background my radio was still playing. The song on right now was One Way or Another by Blondie.

We finally got out of the lake and he threw me his shirt. I took off my other one and threw this one on.

*end of flashback*

I start to put my piano in there because he was really the only person who every heard me sing.

I have about a couple cassette tapes in there a ballet that we used to sit on the roof of hogwarts and looked at the stars. Five of his shirts. I have a paper airplane that he threw at me in class.

Mom came up and opened the door.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Getting rid of all his stuff," I say grabbing books I read to him in the common room or the Astronomy tower.

"What stuff?"

"Everything he gave me, everything he touched,"

"Honey will you just calm down?"

"He doesn't want to be my boyfriend fine." I say to no one in particular. I grab a a sweater he saw me in.

"That sweaters brand-new,"

"Well he saw me in it and he liked it,"

"Well that's nice,"

"He said it brought out the brown in my eyes,"

"Well then he's gay,"

"Your not funny and the sweater goes,"

"Sweetheart if you throw out everything Sirius ever saw you wear, your gonna be walking around in a towel," she looked in the box and saw the paino.

"Your piano? Are you serious? It has been with you since you were 4,"

"The first time me and Sirius really ever talk was because of my piano. He heard me play,"

"Ok honey," I could tell mom knew I was gonna break.

"Here," I say picking up the box and handing it to her, " I don't want to look at it anymore,"

"Ok I'll put it away,"

"No take it out of the house. Throw it in a trash can, burn it, for all I care. I just want it gone,"

Mom came and sat next to me on the bed.

"You know, honey, someday when this is all in the past, you may be sorry you don't have it,"

"I don't care,"

"Ok I'll take care of throwing it away and you go downstairs and eat," she said picking up the box, " maybe you will feel better,"

Love you Dinosaurs 🦕