First I was reluctant as I didn't want to burden him but then I surrendered as I was sick and tired of constant fighting.
I shifted to Uzair Bhai's house much to my father's disapproval but it didn't bother me rather I was happy to be away from him.

It was a day after two weeks when I shifted to my brother's house.
It was almost evening and I was sitting in lounge drinking my hot coffee. I was actually waiting for Uzair Bhai to come home. He always come home late almost at dinner time.

The weather was gloomy just like I was when I recalled my father's words from the morning call when he told me I'm a disappointment to him. When I had said yes to Wali's proposal I was sure I'll regret it. Not because I don't love him but because I was sure my father will take advantage of it and it was happening like I had predicted. But I didn't know situation will turn this much bad.
I didn't realize that I was crying untill someone wiped my tears and kissed my forhead.

"What happened princess? Why are you crying?"
My brother asked worriedly wiping my tear stained cheeks. He had walked in when I was so much engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't even notice anyone's coming.

I shook my head at him and he sighed and sit beside me on the sofa.
"Is it dad again?"
He asked and I nodded at him looking down.

"That's it. I'm going to have a talk with him. I want to disclose this matter today itself. He has crossed his all limits now and I can't let him hurt you anymore."
My brother said angrily when I told him our today's conversation and got up to leave.

I panicked and caught his arm hastily to stop him as I didn't want him and my father to get in a fight because of me. I told him everything as I wanted to let everything out and he was my only option.

"Stop it bhai. You can't fight with him over it."
I said meekly and he sighed before releasing his arm from my grip.

"Let me go Dua. I have to talk it out with him like adults. Maybe we can get a positive result."
He spoke softly yet he and I were both sure that nothing positive can come as an outcome to their discussion.

"What if he got angry? Hell I know he'll get angry. What if he does something in anger?"
I spoke panicked as I was getting horrible thoughts.

"What's worse can he do? Disown me? I'm ready for it already."
Uzair bhai spoke and I looked at him wide eyed. Disown? What the hell was bhai gonna do?

"You aren't even graduated or self independent yet if he'll disown you for real your life will be destroyed. I can't let you take that risk because of me. On the top of it he's our father. We can't abandon him just because we don't agree on something he wanna do."
I said trying to convey my thoughts to him and he heaved a sigh at that.

"I have already thought about that all Dua. Even though I'm not graduated yet but the small business I own is more than enough to fulfill both of our needs if our father really disown us. And if something goes wrong I'm sure that Wali is capable enough to take care of you. I trust him on this that's why I let him get married to my princess that easily.
On the other hand our father is on wrong path dua. He needs to realise it and if he doesn't than its our duty to make him realize it and I assure you that I'll never abandon him it's just for a couple of months or maybe years he'll come around eventually and if he doesn't than it's not on me."
He spoke softly and I nodded at him.

"And about what you said earlier dua. You and our mother are my whole world. I can fight with anyone for you even if that's my own father. I'll never let anyone hurt you."
Uzair bhai said smiling softly and I hugged him real tight.

I was conflicted. I was feeling that I'll make a huge mistake if I let him go. On the other hand he was right too. I couldn't decide on letting him go or making him stay.

" I really don't want you to go."
I spoke still tightly embracing him while he chuckled at me.

"I promise I'll be back before you sleep. How's that?"
He bribed me and I nodded releasing him from the hug.

He left after kissing my forhead and I sat in the lounge again drinking my now cold coffee.

.............

Three hours passed since he has gone and now I was getting restless. Uzair bhai wasn't a careless person. He always informed me on reaching whenever he went somewhere but today he didn't text nor call and now I was regretting on letting him go when my sixth sense was saying that something bad was gonna happen if he go.

The weather has turned more than bad and it was now raining heavily. I was cold and a little scared too as I was now getting horrible thoughts.

I picked my mobile from the table and called him. As he should've reached our parent's home by now. It was quite late.
He didn't pick up the call rather his phone was switched off. I decided to think positive as the situation wasn't helping me at all.

I then contemplated on calling my father to ask if Uzair Bhai reached safely or not as calling my mother wasn't an option. She will get panicked for no reason.
Before I could call my father he called me instead.

I knew my father calling me at this time of the night was a bad news and I had no will to attend it but I decided against it.

"Hello!"
I said shakily as I was shivering badly from cold and anxiety now.

But what my father said on the other side shattered me to the core. My mobile dropped from my hands and fell to the floor breaking into million pieces and I let out an ear piercing scream.

My brother had gotten into an accident on his way to my parent's house and his condition was critical. He was in ICU and doctors weren't sure if he'll live or not.

I don't remember how I reached hospital nor I remember what happened in the hospital. I just remember the pain in my mother's eye and her mournful screams and how she hugged me sobbing on my shoulders when the doctors declared that my brother had went into a coma and they're not sure if he'll ever wake up or not.

Everything was a blur to me but one thing was sure that I have lost my only sibling, my only support system and my only strength. All because I had let him go that night.

After my brother went into a coma, my mother fell seriously ill while I was broken beyond repair. I wasn't sure of how much I can bear more. My father threatened me that if I didn't listen to whatever he says he'll divorce my mother.

It terrified me to the core. My mother's health was deteriorating day by day and she had already lost her only son. I was sure my father wasn't bluffing and if he really did leave her she'll not survive so I surrendered to him. I didn't want to loose my mother she was the only one I had.

I know I hurted Wali a lot but I myself was hurt the most. I was protecting the only living relation I had. I was sure that maybe one day he'll forgive me for whatever I've done to him but I won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to my mother.
So I did what my father told me to do by shutting off my feelings but I promised myself that one day I'll get Wali's forgiveness and maybe that day wasn't far anymore.

.....................

Hey Guys!

So you must have understood by now why Dua did what she did in the past and also the fact that why she almost had a panic attack when Hashir insisted on going out in heavy rain. She was afraid that he'll left her like her brother did.

I tried to clear everything in the chapter since I don't really like confusing stories and I hope I don't make it confusing. Yet if you have any questions you can ask and I'll be glad to answer. So do vote, comment and share. Till next time!

Peace and love!
Mishi