Chapter 35 - Caught In Hand

Start from the beginning

"Looks like the marchent family is quite rich" she commented. Even though the banquet is holding in temple but the preparation was quite dazzling than the casual feast.

"They put  great effort to decorate the whole area" Manik replied as he sipped on his tea calmly.

"The whole situation feels like celebrating in palace than in temple" Nandini said again.

Manik nodded "it is like that. The marchen families are richer than other officials. Though in court general and prime minister has special place but marchent families are more involved in trading. So their business in hand their bank is quite heavier than others"

Nandini nodded in agreement. Marchent families are always going around here and there for business. They knows more people from outside countries or cities and has more way to trade their business. While they are talking they saw finally the main characters of the night arrived dressed in elegant cloth.

Lakshya wore a light green dress which perfectly matched her hair style and make up. The dress was quite simple and and several layers giving a floating look like clouds, soft and beautiful. Everyone's gaze turned to her.

Sumeska revealed a small smile "tonight's banquet is for my daughter. Today is her special day so to celebrate it we have organised a small feast. Hope everyone will neglect if thete is any mistake and enjoy the night"

Everyone cheered for them. Lakshya stepped forwards and thanked "today's feast is something I want to treat everyone for accepting my invitation and honouring me by joining the event. Please enjoy the servings" as she said few maids walked out from behind holding tray full glasses.

"These are fresh black grapes juice mixed with healthy ingredients. It will keep everyone fresh" Lakshya announced and everyone cheered again as the maids started to distribute the glasses.

After that Lakshya walked towards the royal seat with her maid. She first went to Chityakanta and offered the glass personally.

"Oh my dear, you look beautiful" Chityakanta praised making Lakshya blushed "tonight you are shining like a star my dear. Here" Chityakanta pulled out a golden box.

"This your highness" Lakshya looked puzzled but her gaze lingered on the golden shiny box.

Chityakanta smiled "this is my gift for you" then she opened the lid and a shining gem come into view. It was purple in colour and was shining more than gold. When the light of lanterns flickered on it, it shine more like a sparkling star.

"Your highness this looks too precious" Lakshya's eyes dazzled with the shine. Her heart started to race looking at the gem.

"My dear, this is called Purple heart and specially dig out from the stone forest in southern area last year. Only 4 pieces of it can be found rarely. Since today is your big day and I haven't brought any gifts, I am giving you this as wish for wellbeing" Chityakanta smiled.

"Your highness, this gem is so precious. Then how can I, a lady from merchant family worthy of having it" Lakshya shook her head. Chityakanta frowned slightly.

Nandini raised her tea cup to her mouth and sipped "young lady shouldn't refuse to take the gift. Since mother has already choose to give you then it means you are worthy. By saying such words do you mean that mother's judgment about you is wrong and you feel too lack of confidence in yourself for thinking a gem is more worthy than you?"

When she finished she sipped on her tea again. Lakshya's smiling face slightly stiffened suddenly. She was just plastering her generous attitude towards empress dowager showing she is not a greedy type character but with the words of the empress it's giving an impression like she is deliberately insulting the empress dowager and looking down on herself.