"It's not the same. Unless it comes from the real author, it has no value to me. I need it to come from you to make it real."

Sophie began to laugh and watched his puzzled face, not seeing the same irony that she did.
She got up and pulled on his hand, leading him away.

"Come with me, I will show you something, but leave the mug here. No food or drinks allowed."

He put his tea down and followed after her, glowing with curiosity. She stopped at the door to her library and after she asked him to turn around, she entered a four-digit code to let them in.

"Woow," he let out the second he turned around, staring with wide eyes at all of the tall bookshelves.

"And no drooling," she quickly added, watching him with amusement.
Crossing to the table, she took out two pairs of soft, cotton gloves from a box and handed one pair to him, taking him to her safe.

"Turn around," she asked again and entered another code, this time a much longer one. Once it beeped, she took out her phone, confirming the unlocking via a security app.
The safe was filled with stacks of papers and she fished out one specific one, wrapped in a yellow and black binder.

"I actually agree with you, Yuzu. If it's not written by the real author, it has no value to me either."

She led him to a comfortable armchair and when he reluctantly sat down, still confused about what's going on, she handed him the thin binder.

"Maybe this will make it up to you for Clara's death."

He opened the binder staring at the title "Chapter 31: The Battle of Hogwarts" and with a small print added underneath "Amended by J.K. Rowling for Sophie Clara Watanabe"

"Your middle name is Clara?!" he exclaimed, darting between the title and her.

"Yes."

"And you know Rowling in person?!"

"Yes."

"And you are a Hufflepuff?!" he continued still shocked, pointing at the colors of the binder.

"Also yes," she nodded with a wide smile and ruffled his hair, "I will leave you here for few minutes to read it, do not leave this armchair, do not touch anything, do not breathe too close to the books. Got it?"

Yuzuru rapidly nodded and sunk lower into the armchair, flipping to the first page. Sophie left him be to enjoy the read and went to brush her teeth, hoping that he will enjoy reading about Fred Weasley actually not  dying during the battle and making it out alive. And possibly finally shutting up about Clara.

_________________

(A/N) Here we go guys, finally a bit from Yuzu POV! But don't get your hopes too high, I will still need to keep a lot of things a mystery. So just a little sneak peek into his head :)

Christmas!
Reading that Fred was alive was making it possibly even more Christmassy than the whole yesterday. He had no idea how she managed to convince Rowling to actually do that, but maybe she herself was unhappy about the decision and was glad she could make him come back to life. Even if it was just a secret between those two.
Now the only thing left was to somehow convince Sophie to do the same with Clara. Or not exactly the same, because he wanted her to come back to life properly and be in every and each upcoming volume.
At least to have her in the books if he had no hope with Sophie.

Sophie, Sophie, Sophie.....

Anytime she entered the room it lit up. Anytime she smiled at him his heart fluttered. Anytime she ruffled his hair he wanted to pull her in. And anytime she hugged Akira he wanted to join in and squeeze tight both of them.

✍🏻 Little Matchmakerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें