"Chanton, you said you wanted to be a knight, didn't you?"

"Yes!"

Gerard, the Patriarch of Brown smiled as he looked at the young boy's bright eyes.

"Then there is one thing you need to keep in mind. Can you make a promise with this teacher that you will keep it?"

"Yes, Sir!" Chanton nodded vigorously.

"Always lift the sword for the weak. Keep your promises and don't lie. And lastly,..."

Gerard Brown said, as if looking into the future of young Chanton, who has a genius talent for swordsmanship.

"Finally, if your sword is stronger and sharper than anyone else, become an Imperial knight. And in our stead, protect this Empire and the Emperor Durelli."

At the last words of the Patriarch of Brown, Ralph clenched his fist.

And Chanton answered vigorously without knowing anything.

"Yes, teacher! I'll do that! I will definitely be a knight of the Imperial!"

"Yes, that's very reassuring!"

Gerard Brown laughed heartily as if he was truly relieved.

****

That afternoon, Ralph Sushou returned to the Sushou family with his son, Chanton.

And that night.

Angenas attacked the Brown family.

He became an imperial knight to keep that promise.

And although he took over the title of the head of the Imperial Knight, Chanton Sushou had no loyalty to the Imperial Family.

The Durelli royal family was uglier than any other family.

They weren't the ones who could offer loyalty.

Chanton Sushou was unhappy.

In the end, tomorrow, he was about to put down the position as the Commander of the Knights.

"Give me this book."

Chanton Sushou said so to the little Prince.

It would be better for this book to return to the palace with himself, rather than the Prince who might die at the hands of the Empress.

He thought so.

"That book is very precious to me."

The Second Prince replied with a frown, not looking like a child.

Only then did Chanton take a closer look at the book.

How many times did he read it, there was stains of hand all over the bookshelf.

The leash that tied the book was also loose.

Then the Second Prince sighed softly.

"Take it."

"...Didn't you say it was precious."

"Because I promised to give. If someone asks for it, I promised to give it."

Chanton Sushou frowned because he didn't understand what the Second Prince murmured.

"If I don't give it, Tia will be disappointed."