11. facepunch PT. 2

11. f a c e p u n c h - (PART TWO)

The scenery of Washington's deep green trees fled past the vision of both Bella and Florence as the girls took a speedy drive over to Flor's house

The scenery of Washington's deep green trees fled past the vision of both Bella and Florence as the girls took a speedy drive over to Flor's house. Seeing as how just minutes ago, the two were left alone in the theater from three of their friends, the girls had made a pact that Flor would sleepover at Bella's house.

Rushing over to Florence's house to get her night bag, and to get back to Bella's before midnight, they quickly made it onto Flor's driveway, appreciating the distant view of the full moon rising above La Push Beach's horizon in the distance as it cast a faint white glow over the neighborhood.

Bella turned off her truck's engine once she was safely pulled in, and Florence hopped out first, house keys in hand.

Stepping up the sidewalk to her front door, however, Flor realized that her Mom's car wasn't in the driveway. For a Friday night this close to midnight, it would be odd that Rosa wasn't home relaxing- especially since she still wasn't feeling her best. Not too concerned, however, Flor brushed it off and entered her home- albeit infrequent, her Mom did sometimes stay out late to see friends.

Bella coming in behind her seemed to voice out loud what Flor was currently thinking about. "Is your Mom home?" Bella asked curiously.

Florence blew air out of her lips, "I don't think so, her car isn't here."

Walking into the kitchen, she saw a note clearly written in her Mom's script.

'9:30pm-

Be back home soon, eating dinner at the Black's. Empanadas in the fridge for you and Leah.

Love you.- Mom'

"So this is where she is," Flor noted aloud, although a little confused as her Mom still had the sniffles. Bella joined her and the read the note with her.

Under it, as Flor had to clarify why her Mom wouldn't find her with Leah sleeping over later on, Flor grabbed a pen and wrote:

'Plans changed, picking up clothes and sleeping over at Bella's. Leah is with Jake.

Love- Flor'

"Alright, let me grab my things and we can head over to yours," Florence said to Bella after.

As Bella went on to follow Flor's footsteps into her room, she slowly took in the appearance of Flor's home. It's nice, she thought. A clear view in the kitchen overlooked nature, and everywhere around inside she could see pictures of Flor with her Mom. It was cozy and looked lived in.

Stepping inside of Flor's room, Bella couldn't help but notice one photo on her friend's desk, where she could see two people laughing happily at some sort of 80's themed diner. Her parents, Bella thought.