Chapter 34

I know He is capable of doing everything, He is a miraculous God and my only hope, however, I don't believe in going to church. I don't believe in their do's and don't's. I believe that I can still worship Him outside the church. I can talk and feel His presence through praying.

Churches have different beliefs. Iba-iba ang paguunawa nila sa salita ng Diyos. What you believe depends on the religion where you were raised and there is competition with it. People are battling who's telling the truth and who's not.

So when Nehemiah invited me to go to the church I had second thoughts. My last visit to church was eight years ago, it was when he invited me. He was the only one who can make me go to church ever since.

Napapayag n'ya ako sa huli. Nagbabakasali rin akong makita roon si Fatima kaya pumayag na ako. Ang sabi sa akin ni Nehemiah ay active raw si Fatima sa simbahan nila.

"You can sit here..." ani Nehemiah.

The transformation of the church from then and now impressed me. It is now an air-conditioned church. The windows are made of a stained glass windows. There is still a projector in front but it is bigger now. Agaw pansin ang wheel chandelier sa itaas.

"You didn't inform me that the church is air-conditioned. Ang lamig tuloy," I crossed my arms over my chest.

I am wearing a crepe sleeveless halter neck inserted in a high-waisted long skirt that ends under my knee. My hair is in a low ponytail that's why none is protecting my skin against the cold air.

"I thought you're used to cold weather. You lived in the state for eight years," he said innocently.

Pinigilan ko ang pagrolyo ng mga mata dahil nasa loob ako ng simbahan, "I'm used to it but I still wear thick clothes and a sweater. Ayoko namang mamatay sa sobrang lamig."

Nehemiah licked his lips, "I'll get you a jacket."

Umalis siya sa tabi ko at naglakad papuntang backstage. While waiting for him, a loud giggle filled the room. Narinig ito ng Isa sa mga praise and worship team kaya pinagsabihan siya. I was just watching them when the door spat on a woman who's wearing a white long sleeve shirt and a long skirt. She looks like an angel especially with her hair in a half ponytail.

"Fatima..." bulong ko.

She smiled genuinely on the praise and worship team and grabbed the girl who giggled earlier. Umupo sila sa pinakaunahan. I was just staring at her when she darted her gaze at her back. Her eyes widened when our eyes met. Mabilis akong ngumiti at kinawayan siya. She looked at me irritably and placed her gaze in a different direction.

"Oh!" nawala ang tingin ko kay Fatima nang may tumulak sa braso ko nang mahina.

My forehead creased and saw Margaux. I looked at her with a puzzled look.

"What? What's your problem?" I asked, a bit irritated.

She laughed sarcastically, "The audacity! Here's the jacket you're asking."

She throws the jacket on my lap and rolled her eyes.

"It's mine. So please don't put dirt on it," maarte n'yang paalala bago ako iniwan. She even flipped her hair.

Umiling na lang ako at sinuot na ang jacket n'ya. I don't want to wear it because it's from her but I also don't want to die from the cold.

Nehemiah: Did Margaux gave the jacket to you?

Inirapan ko ang cellphone ko kahit hindi naman n'ya iyon kita. Where is he? Did he leave me here?

Jassy: oo