Chapter 27

t w / / R-18, suicide, death

Nehemiah is the reason for my Once In A Lifetime.

Once In A Lifetime, someone is excited to talk and listen to my story before the day ends.

Once In A Lifetime, someone loves me the way I deserved to be loved.

Once in a lifetime, someone is afraid to see me cry.

Once in a lifetime, someone spent his time wondering what I'm feeling, if I'm fine or not.

He taught me that loving someone who is flawed and full of insecurities is possible. He taught me that there is nothing wrong to be vulnerable because people can't be strong every day. He made me realized that being in darkness is an opportunity to become better. I learned a lot from loving Nehemiah. I rectify my mistakes after knowing him.

"Love, hmm. I have a request..." I smiled cutely at him.

He is still confused about why I changed my hair color. I told him I wanted a glow-up but he keeps insisting that I'm bluffing. Indeed, I was telling a lie. Kilalang kilala n'ya na talaga ako. But I had to lie to him for his own good.

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing me a song? Iyong kapag narinig mo ang kantang iyon  ay maaalala mo ako," I giggled.

This is my request to him before I leave this country. Gusto ko sa tuwing nangungulila ako sa kan'yang presensya ay may isang bagay na magpapaalala sa akin na kahit ilang kilometro man ang layo ko sa kan'ya ay kaya n'ya pa rin akong bigyan ng seguridad. Para sa tuwing malungkot ako ay ipapatugtog ko lang ang kantang kinanta n'ya ay magiging okay na ulit ako. He has the power to recharge my entire system.

"Okay. But I'll get my guitar first," umalis siya sa harapan ko at pagkabalik n'ya ay may bitbit na siyang gitara.

I gulped. My heart aches. I won't experience this again. I will miss this. I learned to play guitar because of him. Sabi ko nga noon, sa kan'ya ko halos natutunan ang lahat.

"Wait, Love!" I stopped him. I got my cellphone and open the video camera.

Of course, I will capture this last moment with him.

"Hi! My boyfriend is singing me a song!" I giggled at the camera and focus the camera on him. "Why are you choosing to sing that song, Love? Hmm."

He shook his head and laughed a bit, "You will understand after you hear the lyrics, Love."

I pouted my lips and cutely rolled my eyes.

"Arte! Hmp. Sige na nga."

I was stunned when he kissed my lips. It was just a smack but damn! It was the best!

It was the best kiss because I know, I won't be able to taste the sweetness of Nehemiah's lips again.

He started strumming his guitar and looked deeply into my eyes na para bang sa akin lang umiikot ang mundo n'ya.

It's 2 A.M. but I'm still here, awake

Your beautiful face keeps flashing on my mind

I hear your voice and the way you say my name

It's like reality and make-believe combined

I was mesmerized by his angelic face when I met him. The softness of his voice got my heart. But after knowing his beliefs, it turned me off, yet a part of me is still infatuated with him. It's just my ego is stopping me to accept the reality that I'm under his spells.

I recall the time when I sat right beside you

And you talked about how good your life has been