13. YOU CAN EITHER JOIN ME OR FUCK OFF

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑⌡───────»⁑«───────

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑⌡
───────»⁑«───────

A gasp escaped Charlie's lips as her eyes snapped open, immediately moving into a sitting position. Her eyes carefully scanned her surroundings and she found herself laying on her bed on the Mikaelson manor.

"Fuck my life," Charlie groaned as she let herself fall back on her bed.

From the living room, the Mikaelson siblings darted up as soon as they heard her talk, Klaus and Kol being the first ones to shove their way in the room, Rebekah following along and Elijah and Finn not far behind.

Charlie perched herself on her elbows as she watched the siblings watch her. She wasn't stupid. She knew, just as I know, and just as you probably know, that she was in transition. After all, she had died, not only with Klaus's blood on her system but Kol's as well. There was no way she wasn't transitioning, but hearing it from them made it all real.

"You're in transition, Char, " Rebekah said softly and Charlie rolled her eyes.

"I know," she muttered as she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, facing the siblings.

Klaus had his eyes on her, not once his gaze wavered. He didn't know why, but now more than ever he was feeling a pull from her, he was itching to hold her, barely restraining himself. But he knew that transition was hard on new vampires and he didn't want to scare her away.

Kol was thinking along the same lines, only his thoughts wandered to the possibility of Charlie not going through with becoming a vampire. With her indifference towards death he could see that happening and the thought of her dying, for some reason, made him sick.

"Well, that's just great," Charlie muttered as she stood up. "I need a drink."

"I'll go get it," Finn offered and Charlie sent him a thankful smile.

"Bring the bottle," she added and he smirked before speeding away from the room.

"Charl—"

Kol was cut off by Finn returning and passing the bottle to Charlie who didn't wait a second before pulling the top off and downing three mouthfuls of the burning drink and sighing when she stopped.

"That's enough, Miss Monroe," Elijah steps in taking the bottle from her hand and Charlie pouts.

"Buzzkill," she mumbled. "I need some time to think."

With that she left the siblings in her room and walked through the manor, somehow finding herself standing on the roof, another liquor bottle in her hand, watching the moon and stars above her as she took another large swing. Charlie could feel her gums aching, hunger like no other sweeping over her, and the alcohol was slighting diminishing it.

"You're not dying," a voice behind her said and Charlie turned to find Klaus and Kol looking at her with worry in their eyes.

"I've heard that before and look at what happened, " she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. As she saw Klaus about to open his mouth Charlie cut him off, "I'm not dying. I'm completing the transition. But first I'm drinking. You can either join me or fuck off."