05. WELL, THAT WAS UNNECESSARY

[pictures of dresses will be in the end]

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓⌡
───────»⁑«───────

As soon as she had gotten the invitation from Rebekah, or rather, pulled a subtle hustle to get herself invited, Charlie knew that she was going with a bang. All her life she was never able to go to a party, look pretty and have fun. But now that she was in a completely different universe she had made a promise to herself to enjoy everything she could. She really didn't care if she died, but if she would try to survive for as long as she could and enjoy this rather new world and everything good about it. Besides if something went wrong for her in that little town she could always flee and enjoy the world. And firstly she would start by going to the ball.

But for that, she needed a dress. Not that that was a problem, Charlie might've had no money or ability to compel people but she still had her skills. After walking around town asking questions to a couple of strangers, she was able to snatch away some guy's wallet from their pocket. Without waiting a second for him to notice that his wallet was missing, she had slipped into a boutique she had spotted earlier, found herself a dress and shoes, bought them with the guy's credit card, and slipped out of the shop, a smirk on her lips as she threw the wallet into the garbage can and walked away.

Thus she was now standing in front of the double doors at the Mikaelson manner, dressed in her beautiful open-back black gown, her hair wavy and falling down her face away from her face and a smirk playing on her lips.

The doors opened and Charlie walked in—trying really hard to walk elegantly and not trip on her feet, seeing as she had barely used heels before. Everyone stopped to look at her and while most went back to their talks a lot of people watched as the beautiful girl waltzed through the ballroom.

Charlie looked around winking at Matt who was gaping at her and completely oblivious to the stares she was getting from a certain doppelganger—glaring at her for making a bigger entrance than her, I guess—, and other curious glances.

"Charlie!" her name was called out and the girl in question turned around to find herself facing one Rebekah Mikaelson looking fabulous in her green gown. Rebekah handed her a champagne glass, "You came!"

"Of course," Charlie smiled taking a sip from her champagne, "couldn't miss a ball, now could I?"

Rebekah was about to answer when a clicking sound was heard, "Uh, if everyone could gather please," Elijah, the man who she had met in the woods, announced making both girls turned to the staircase to see the Mikaelsons gathering.

"If you'll excuse me," Rebekah said swiftly and headed for the stairs.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us," Elijah began his speech, looking around the room and locking eyes with Charlie for a moment before continuing, "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."