12. I SAID YOU'RE NOT DYING, DARLING

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐⌡───────»⁑«───────

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐⌡
───────»⁑«───────

Charlene Monroe was at loss for what happened to her. She had no idea why her head was pounding, her leg aching, or why she felt her energy slowly drain from her. The weakness she felt brought her back to a dark place in her life. Brought her back to the dumpster where she had suffocated and bled away into her death. Her breathing started to increase, growing ragged and sloppy as she tried to breathe as much air as possible until she finally opened her eyes.

A wave of relief swept through her as she found herself on a large living room parlor, but it was soon replaced by annoyance and hatred as she recognized it.

She had no idea what had happened and why she was there, and that ticked her off more.

But, lucky for you readers, I know just what took place and why Charlene Monroe is bleeding to death as she sits on a wooden chair, her wrists wrapped in robe behind her and her feet stuck to the chair, promptly keeping her in place.

It had happened that morning, in fact. Kol and Charlie had returned to Mystic Falls and had been there for a week or so—I don't know exactly how long, though. The Scooby gang and the Original family still had some unresolved. . . . issues, and that was why Charlie was where she was.

She had been walking through the streets of Mystic Falls after having "bought" a new pair of earrings in a jewelry shop. Suddenly a sting of pain shot through the back of her head, and almost instantly, she felt her eyes roll back to her head, only being able to graze the wound, her fingers being covered in blood before her consciousness slipped away and it all went black.

And now, you must be wondering? What, in Silas's name, happened?

And I shall give you the answer: Elena Gilbert.

If put in another perspective, you could see the reasoning behind the doppelganger's thoughts. Elena just wanted to live out a peaceful life of stringing along with her two vampire boy toys. However, the Originals were wrecking the mood, what with their death threats and royalty complex. Oh, not to mention our lovely Charlie. How Elena despised her.

She didn't want to, though. Elena did find Charlie to be a nice person, getting along with everyone, including the Originals. At first, she was wary of her, appearing out of nowhere, but then she found that Charlie was merely a broken girl who was lost—if only she knew the truth, then Elena's hatred for Charlie would increase tenfold. But then, then she caught the brothers' attention. And worst of all, it wasn't just the Original brothers but the Salvatore brothers, too. Without even trying, Charlie had intrigued them and Elena started hating her for that. But she didn't want her dead, Matt and Caroline liked her too, and Elena wasn't about to murder someone. She just wanted Charlie gone.

She was hoping that with the way the Originals seemed to care about Charlie, she was important enough for the ancient family to bargain her rescue and in change, Elena only asked for one thing, they had to leave Mystic Falls, and take Charlie along with them.