04. YOU'RE AN ODD ONE, CHARLIE

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒⌡───────»⁑«───────

⌠𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒⌡
───────»⁑«───────

At the moment Charlie was standing in the Mystic Falls hospital along with Matt and Elena. They had dropped Alaric off thereafter he had woken up back in Gilbert's residence. She would've much preferred not going but she ended up being dragged there by Matt.

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asked as Elena approached them.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation," Elena started with a sigh, "so long as I promise to change the lock on the house."

"That would be smart," Charlie muttered mindlessly with a nod as they started to walk out of the hospital.

"So I talked to Bonnie earlier," Elena said, "She and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Caroline?"

"Yeah, she's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be," Matt said with a frown, and Charlie's eyes twitched slightly at the mention of Caroline's relationship with her father. "Any word on who's behind these attacks?"

"No, Sheriff Forbes said there are no real suspects at all," Elena said with a sigh and Charlie frowned.

"Wait, there have been other attacks?" she asked both of them as they were getting close to the door and Elena nodded solemnly.

"Yes," she said, "we have no idea what's happening. . . ."

"Oh," Charlie answered simply racking her brain for any information she had on the subject and that's when she remembered that the ring Alaric was using was supposed to make him go mad or something, right? She for sure knew the ring had something fishy about it, but she couldn't remember what it was specifically. No problem though, because as long as she didn't find herself to be one of the victim's she didn't mind a couple of deaths.

As they got out of the hospital now walking through the parking lot Elena turned to Matt again, "How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all of this."

"Honestly. . . ." Matt started with a faint smile, "I'm kind of lucky, the only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow is showing up for my shift at the Grill and getting Charlie a gig there."

"Urgh, I forgot about that," Charlie groaned and Matt sent her an amused smile.

"Thank you, for everything today," Elena said with a smile to both Matt and Charlie, "Really."

"Get home safe," was all Matt replied as he gestured for him and Charlie to start walking to his truck so they could get to his house again.

"Thanks," they heard Elena muttered before they started walking.

Charlie got in the passenger seat while Matt took the driver's seat, starting the car, and off they went.

"So. . . ." Matt started tentatively looking at Charlie for her reaction. "You're aware of the supernatural?"