26.

Briar

Briar

West opened the door to the entrance of the restaurant for me. It was an Italian restaurant, my personal favorite or it was my personal favorite. 

"Hello sir how can I help you?" The waitress at the desk began talking to West, completely ignoring me. I mean she is gorgeous, she has long black hair, and has curves in all the right spots and is currently undressing West with her eyes. 

"Yes I have a reservation under Gray." He said with a monotone voice. 

"Sure thing," She purred at him. Could she not see I am right here? 

"Right this way," She said leaning towards him, giving a nice view of her tits. West either didn't notice or didn't care because he just laced his fingers through mine and let her lead us to our table. 

We both sat down and as usual pulled out the chair for me. The waitress passed us the menus, 

"Anything you'd like to get started with," She said specifically looking at West.  I'm really tired of being ignored. 

"Nope we are good for now." I said cutting in. She ignored me for a minute before eventually leaving. 

"Green really isn't your coulor." West said looking up from the menu, smirking. 

"Shut up." I said trying to hold back my own laugh. I knew West would never cheat on me, but it could sometimes get frustrating having him have lots of female attention, but whatever. 

"Its alright to admit you're jealous love." He said before a different waiter came up to us, 

"Would you like anything to get started." He said looking at me. I looked at West, and his hand was curled into a fist on the table. Who's jealous now?

"I'll just start with water," I said to the waiter. 

"And for you sir," the waiter finally moved his gaze from me to West.

"Same." He said in a sharp tone. 

The waiter left and I tried the best to keep in my smile. 

"Green really isn't your coulor love." I mock grinning. Instead of denying it he just shakes his head at me and smiles. 

---

Leaving the restaurant, I shiver. It's getting colder, which means fall. And while I love everything about fall, I'm not currently dressed for it. West looks at me and takes off his jacket, wrapping it around me. 

I smile at him and he smiles back, his left dimple just showing.

"Where are we going now?" I question entering his car.

Looking over at me, he smirks, "You'll see." 

---

"Briar wake up, we're here." West tries to gently wake me up. Must have fallen asleep. It's happens more often now, feeling tired, the bags under my eyes deepening, my hair thinning out. But it's ok because I'm fine.

West helps me out of the car and its a small green field, with a cliff looking over water. How he finds picture perfect places, I'll never know. 

West leads me over to sit on a checkered blanket thats already set up. 

"West have I mentioned how perfect you are." I say leaning into his chest. 

"No you haven't actually." Even though I'm not facing him, I can see him smirking. 

"You're perfect." I say looking at him, kissing his nose. I lean back into his chest and he kisses the top of me head. 

"How did you find this place anyway?" I question him. 

He stays silent for a minute. 

"My-" He says stopping himself, "My friend found this spot. He was a photographer, took pictures of everything. I thought it was so annoying, I didn't understand why he wanted to capture every moment of his life, why not just life in the moment I would ask him. He told me that taking pictures also others, not just him, enjoy the moment. Most selfless person I knew." West hasn't opened up to me much about his past family or friends. 

"He sounds like he was an amazing friend, I'm sorry." I assume since West is talking in the past tense, his friend passed away. I want him to open up to me more, but I don't want to push him. 

Instead of answering me, he stays silent. I wish I could figure out what he's thinking. We stay silent for a couple more minutes before West stands up, 

"I've got to get something," He says walking over to the car, coming out with a what looks like a book in his hands. 

He comes back and sits in the same position as before, handing me the book, it's the book, "It Ends With Us." I've been talking about getting it forever but I just haven't gotten around to it. 

"I know you've been wanting me to read, but I can't read two things at once so I couldn't read the books you have been suggesting." I had been frustrated at West before for not reading the books I suggested but he had already been reading at book. 

"I know you've been talking about it, so I read it and put all my thoughts in the margins." Weston mother fucking Gray everyone. 

I opened up the book and on the first page is a note from West,

"So we can dices it later, 

West."

I look up at him, trying not to cry. 

"Briar, shit, I'm sorry-" I cut him off by kissing him. 

It's official everyone, I love Weston Gray. 

"Thank you West," Then I remember my own gift, 

"I got you something as well." I dig into my purse and find the box thats holds my gift for West. 

I hand it to him, nervous. 

He opens it up and I watch his facial expressions change,

He looks up from the book with the biggest smile on his face, both dimples showing. 

I got him matching couples ring. His is silver and thick with a heart cut out and mine is thinner with the heart. 

He puts the ring on his pinky finger, and slips mine on my index finger. 

For once in a long time, I'm completely and utterly happy in this moment.  

Let's hope it lasts. 

Authors Note:

I"M TRYING TO UPDATE I SWEAR. But with school and everything, I might only be able to update once a week, on weekends. I"M GOING TO TRY THO. 

Don't be a silent reader.

PLS TELL ME IF THERE ARE SPELLING MISTAKES.

I made a tiktok account for this story so if you want to get a closer insight on some of the characters the @ is @emslibary.

As always constructive criticism is welcome but this is my first story so it isn't going to be perfect<33

Semi Edited.