8.

Briar

Briar

*One week later*

Things with West continue to get more and more confusing.

Let me recap on the past week.

1. West took care of me when I got drunk

2. He let me sleep in his bed where no girl has ever slept

3. Three days later he was hanging out with some random girl at a party I was at

*At the party flashback*

"Hey baby girl wanna dance" some drunk pervert tried to feel me up

"No actually I'm good" I said walking away from him. He smelled of weed and alcohol and his touch made me wanna throw up.

Me and Aspen had just arrived at a frat party which normally I didn't go to but Aspen needed a wing woman because Tate was supposed to be here.

I haven't meet her yet, but Aspen really likes her.

Moving my way over to the kitchen to grab another drink, I bump into two people making out.

"Guys can you get a fucking room." I scowled them, theres no reasons to be making out in the middle of a hallway.

The guy looked up at me and there was the one and only West.

It fucking sucked and hurt.

The girls was gorgeous.

She must have been 5'11, I knew she was a model I had seen her on magazine covers, long black hair and she had such a great body, respectfully.

I however was none of that. I wasn't a model, half my hair was dead, and I barely fit into and A cup bra.

Not to mention while West was looking at me shocked she went and said, "You're right so sorry love, we'll move out of the way, love your dress by the way."

Did I mention she had a British accent and she was nice?

"Yea well I'm gonna go get a drink" I mumbled walking away.

I have no claim over him, I rejected him, but it stills hurts which makes no fucking sense.

Of course, I mean he took he chances on a below average girl got rejected so moved to back to girls on his level.

I sound like an insecure petty bitch and I don't have an excuse for it.

Which is why I have decided to not try anything.

West tried to follow after me grabbing onto my arm,

"Briar-"

I cut him off, "West I'm fine I swear it I rejected you remember?" I laughed acting like it wasn't a big deal.

*End of Flashback*

It wasn't a big deal.

It was little crush that had run its course and was now over.

But I still had to see him in class.

Great.

..................................................................................................................

I woke up late as usual, rushing to get to class on time.

Last night I ordered a scale, but no matter the number it wouldn't affect me.

It would help me.

I didn't want to be unhealthy so the scale would help motivate me to work out and cut carbs and calories.

I threw on one of my outfits I prepare for when I wake up late. It was a little breezy today in sunny California so I pair a midi patterned skirt with a brown corset, a dark green cardigan and a fluffy cheetah bag. I paired it with brown converse

I only had my debate class today so I only need a note book and pen along with my phone and air-pods in my bag

Rushing out the door I ended up making it to class 3 minutes early finding a seat closer to the front of the room.

Just as I sat down, West walked in with River and King. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. Dark eye bags, messy hair, slouched shoulders.

River and King looked the same.

Their football coach must be working the really hard. A game is coming up in the next week so I'm guessing that's why.

I made eye contact with West and was quick to look down at my book.

"Alright class please take your seats" The professor began.

HE had been rambling on for the past 30 minutes and I hadn't been listening. I felt someone staring at me. That someone being West. What did perk up my ears was when the professor announced,

"I will be trying something different this year and setting up partners. You can not switch patterns and they will be your partner for the rest of the year."

"Each class I will assign you a need lesson or homework and by the end of the year there will be one final project worth 60% of your grade."

That's earned a lot of groans from different students.

"I know but I thought it would be fun to try something new. Today there will be no homework but I want you and your partner to meet up, talk and make nice to each other since you'll be working together for the school year."

"Alright we have, River and Brooke, Jason and Mia, King and Cora," The professor continued dragging on different names until I heard mine,

"Briar and Weston."

Just fucking great. 

Authors Note:

Wow who knew they would become partners.

Only in wattpad. 

Shorter story but I wanted to end on a some what cliffhanger. 

I made a tiktok account for this story so if you want to go follow it to see some more parts of the book and its characters its @ is @donotsnitchpls1

I'm already facing some writers block and stress on how I want this book to go. I basically have no idea how I want it to go so you guys are seeing me go through the process.

Ty for 100 reads since I only uploaded this story a couple days ago. 

Don't forget to vote and share my story

As always constructive criticism is welcome but it is my first story so its not going to be the best <33