1.

Briar

Briar

When I'm bored, I read.

That's what I had been doing for the past 30 minutes before my door is thrown open.

"Briar you have got to help me." My best friend of 3 years begged me.

I put down my book, saving the part I was on with a sticky note,

"Aspen I swear I was just getting to the good part."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry but I'm really dealing with a crisis."

"Jesus could you guys be any louder" my other roommate and best friend Emerson said walking into my room,

"Guys come on I need your help" Aspen begged.

"Alright lets hear it" I said standing up making my way to our kitchen with Emerson and Aspen trailing behind. I needed coffee.

It was one week into our senior year at Penn State University. I currently live in a three bedroom apartment with my two best friends Emerson and Aspen. We all met at the orientation freshmen year and now as seniors we are still as close as can be.

"Ok hears my dilemma, you know Tate,"

Emerson sat on one of our stools in the kitchen,

"Aspen we need more details."

"Tate is in my health class and she is super gorgeous and really smart and I wanted to ask her out but had no idea if she was into girls, right but then today after class she asked if I wanted to get coffee and I wasn't sure if she meant for studying or a date but then she said as a date and wrote down her number on my hand and I of course didn't know what was happening and her hair smells really good like cherries, oh and she has this really nice red hair-"

I put my hand on Aspen shoulder,

"Babe, she sounds really nice but what was the crisis."

Aspen tends to ramble off when she gets nervous and lose track of the main point of the story.

"Right she asked me out and I don't know what to wear and I need you guys to help me."

"Give me a sec" Emerson said going over to her room and coming back with a pile of clothes she dropped on the couch.

"Alright" she said picking up a dark blue pleated tennis skirt, "I'm thinking this skirt with a pair of platform docs a white ribbed turtle neck and this cardigan over it."

Aspen ran to Emerson hugging her and grabbing the pile of clothes,

"Thank you thank you I love you both so much" she rushed out running to the bathroom.

Five minutes later she came out,

"Alright I'm of girls wish me luck."

Walking up to her I kissed her on the cheek,

"You don't need luck and if she can't see how great you are that's her lost."

Emerson said goodbye as well and I went back to my room to finish my book.

I fucking love my friends. 

Authors Note:

This is the first chapter of my first book. Not all the chapters are going to be in this much detail and more of them will be about the relationship between West and Briar but I wanted to give a closer look on the girls friendship. The next chapter we will meet Weston for the first time. 

Constructive criticism is welcome but please remember this is my first book so its not going to be perfect.