"Eh… Th-that’s impossible… I’m doing self-study right now, so…"

"Self-study? Grandad told me that what you want to study is up to you, so you can just do it whenever~" lil Che'nya said to hi.

Lil Trey joined in. "Won’t you come down just for a bit?"

"… I-if it’s only for a while…" lil Riddle agreed with the two.

"Can I ask you for your name?" Lil Trey asked as he hold his hand out.

"I-it’s Riddle… Riddle Rosehearts." Lil Riddle stuttered.

Fuck! My heart! I can't take it! They're just 😭👌

"Playing with Trey and Che’nya was very fun. We played a lot of things I didn’t know how to play. The both of them taught me a lot. During my one hour of free time, I always snuck out of my room without my mother’s knowledge."

"You’ve never eaten a strawberry tart, Riddle!?" Lil Trey asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Mother says it’s poison for the body, so I’m not allowed to eat them." Lil Riddle play with his fingers.

"Well, of course it’s bad if you eat too much. Hey, I live in a bakery, so let’s go and have some right now~"

"Eh? Ah, but…" lil Riddle was a bit hesitant.

"Just one slice will be fine." Trey guided him.

"I wanna eat a whole one~!"

"The bright red strawberry tart on top of that white plate…To me, it looked more dazzling than any kind of jewel I’ve seen. The one bite I took was so sweet, and it was so delicious unlike anything I’ve ever tasted before…I finished the entire slice while savoring every bite. I lost track of time…"

"And, lemme guess, she finds out." I said as I nodded to myself.

"How could you! Not only did you skip your self-study, but you also ate something so sugary!? So those two tempted you into doing it? I shall never allow you to play with the both of them again!"

"Yup, called it."

The lil Riddle apologizes to his mother. "I’m sorry, Mother! I’ll never do it again, so please forgive me…!"

"Quiet! You’re the one at fault because you broke the rules. Ah, I knew I shouldn’t have given him time for himself. He must be trained more to become more perfect…"

"I broke the rules, so even those fun times were taken away from me.
That’s why, I had to listen to every rule that Mother said. Because my Mother, who was known by everyone in town, will always be right.

But, you know, Mama…I wonder why?

For some reason, my heart feels so heavy…

I want to eat a lot of tarts even if it’s only on my birthday.

I want to play outside a lot…I want to make lots more friends.

Please tell me, Mama…

What rule should I follow to make this sadness disappear…?" Riddle questioned but he only gets a silence as his answer.