Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

Ember and Isabella came running into the room. Isabella's eyes were bloodshot, and she was incredibly pale. "We heard screaming! Is everything alright? What happened?" Ember asked, her eyes wide, taking in the scene.

"She had another vision. Liz," Isabella asked, crouching down and carefully rested her hand on my shoulder. "What did you see?"

I glanced between these important people in my life, my heart constricted. I couldn't help but feel so lucky to have them. Before, I was always alone after my nightmares, not knowing what they were. Now I know, and I have people who love me and help me through them. I may not have known them for very long, but they had been there for me whenever I needed them. Even Isabella was there trying to guide me on the right path. However, I didn't listen to her at the time. The images of the fire flashed through my mind causing a sharp pain to pulse through my head.

"The portal had grown. It covered the entire sky and was a bright golden color. A being made of fire had come through it, setting all of Arvora ablaze. There was also another woman there... she was in a cage, she yelled at me to stop it," I gasped out. "She said she couldn't let it come to pass, then the monster lit her on fire! And I felt it. I felt everything."

The three shared concerned looks. "Wait... but if the breach is meant to pull a part of Earth, why would a being come through it? There's nothing like that on Earth, as far as I know," Isaac stated.

"I don't know. I just know we have to stop Lilith. Failure isn't an option." I sighed.

Isaac helped me out of the bath. I shivered from the chill. Ember grabbed some clothes and shooed Isaac and Isabella from the room. She helped me pull off the wet gown and handed me a towel.

"Don't worry. We will find a way to stop all this. I should have known something was wrong. Lilith's explanation of you going back to Earth just didn't make sense. I knew you wouldn't have left without saying goodbye or making sure Isaac was okay. I should have looked for you..." Ember hiccuped, holding back tears. "I'm so sorry all this happened."

"It's okay, Ember. I don't blame you or anyone else. Lilith played us all. I'm glad I was taken to Arvora. If I hadn't, I would still be at home oblivious to what was happening, who I am, and terrified of the portal in the sky." I pulled the dry clothes over me, thankful that the pain had stopped and I was back to normal.

We were going to fix this.

We have to.

I wondered if Thremael had gotten the message out. I was ready for some much-needed answers on how to close the breach. I wanted this to be over with; I was so tired of running around with my head cut off.

We left the room and came into the kitchen. Alice was sitting at the table trying to get two kids to sit still, but they seemed fascinated with Isaac.

"Are you a prince? What's it like living in the palace?" The little girl asked. Her blue eyes were as wide as saucers, and her blonde hair fell in waves around her small face.

"Do you know how to wield a sword? Can you teach me? Father won't teach me until I'm older." the older boy with black hair and grey sparkling eyes grumbled.

Isaac sat there smiling, trying to answer their questions but was continually interrupted by another. His eyes wandered to me, and his smile widened, making my heart skip a beat. He stood up and pulled me to him, his hand cupping my cheek. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"For now," I answered, giving him a quick kiss. The children made gagging noises and giggled.

"Are you guys married?!" the little girl squealed. My face turned bright red, and I looked back at Isaac who was in the same situation.