Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

He was leading her to the edge of the helipad, and she knew it. And when she was at the very edge, she stopped moving, turning to Michael, she saw his wolfy-sadistic grin and swung his sword at her feet. Rebecca jumped and stepped on his meaty arms then ran up to his head and kneed him at the face. When she was behind him, she kicked him off the building. She watched as he fell off the tall tower, but didn't stay long to see him crash on the ground, she quickly ran back inside for Bucky and Frank, who was just about finished with their reanimation.

Opening the tank, Rebecca first helped Bucky out of the pod and settled him on the ground, leaning on the wall. He looked disoriented – which was natural for someone who just got out of cryo – and was trying to focus on what was happening.

"Becc?" He slurred.

"It's okay, Buck, just stay here," she told him as she checked his ear. Michael didn't take off the earpiece from him. She took it from his ear and put it on her. It was still working, and she could hear Sam calling for them. "Sam, do you hear me? We're on the 93rd floor. Bucky and Frank need medical, they were in cryo."

Rebecca continued talking to Sam and Mark through the comms, trying to get their attention, while getting Frank out of the pod. She carried him to where Bucky was and laid him down. He was unresponsive. Something was wrong. She pressed her ear to his chest and heard a faint heartbeat and was going slower. He was dying. She tried chest compressions to keep him alive, but it wasn't working, so she decided to revive him in another way. Taking out her Widow's Bite, she set it in the right voltage and electrocuted him on the chest. Frank jerked at the sudden power but still nothing. Rebecca tried chest compressions again then another shock. Frank woke gasping for air. His eyes opened in shock, and his hand grasped Rebecca.

"You're alive," said Rebecca as she got him to wear the coat over his shoulders and wrapped him up. "I'm going to get you both out of here. Okay?"

"What happened?" Frank asked.

"You were in cryostasis, both of you," Rebecca told him and Bucky.

"Shit," Frank let out a breathy chuckle. "Never thought I'd experience that... Sergeant Barnes."

"Lieutenant Castle," Bucky nodded on his way.

"Becc?" Rebecca heard Mark's voice. "Becc? Where are you?"

"93rd Floor!" Rebecca replied. "Have a medic bring a stretcher, we got two injured."

"N-No hospitals," Frank grabbed her arm.

"Don't worry, it's okay, they won't arrest you, Frank," Rebecca told him.

"Becc, there's something heading your way!"

"What?"

Turning to the direction of the helipad, Rebecca saw Michael land on the helipad, his hands all bloody with glass shards in his hands. Michael let out a loud roar as he charged at their way.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky asked, in shock.

"We have to go!" Rebecca grabbed Frank's shoulder and slung it over her shoulder. "Bucky! Bucky, we have to go!"

Bucky forced himself to his feet and helped Rebecca in getting Frank to his feet and run from Michael, but before the large beast could get them, a flash of blue and yellow came crashing to the beast and pinned him to the wall. It was Mark.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Mark yelled at them.

Michael punched Mark off of him and the hero flew to the other side of the room. Slamming to the wall. Rebecca gave Frank to Bucky once they were in the elevator, she handed Bucky the earpiece before shutting the doors with the two men inside and returning to Mark. When she came back, she saw Mark trying his hardest to stay away from Michael's sword, the large beast was swinging it around like a club. Rebecca got out her sword and ran to save Mark from the sword's swing like her sword was linked into her mind, it formed its blade from the handle to clash with Michael's and protected them, but it did not protect her and Mark from being thrown at the wall.