Chapter Seventeen

The arrival of Thor tipped the scales in the battle. With his power, he managed to take down a whole area of Chitauri in one swing of his ax. While battling her way through the field, Rebecca found Steve, she shot a couple of rounds to take down the Chitauri that was coming behind him, the sound of the gun had Steve turn to her direction, and he was surprised to see her. The last he heard about Rebecca was from Natasha telling Bucky that Rebecca was suffering from severe internal bleeding.

"You okay?" Steve asked her.

Rebecca retracted her mask. "Peachy." She shot her gun again and then threw the last of her explosives when she ran out of bullets. She reached to her pouch to get a reload but then curse. "Well, I'm out." Instead of shooting, Rebecca used her gun to hit the Chituari at the head repeatedly, then stabbed it at the head with her sword.

The sound of lighting caught their attention. Turning, Rebecca saw Thor wielding his ax, killing Chitauri left and right.

"New haircut?" Steve asked him

"I noticed you copied my beard," Thor said, amused. At the side, Rebecca saw the tree-man use his arms to pierce through multiple Chitauris, creating what looked like a kebob. "By the way, this is a friend of mine, Tree."

Tree turned to them and screamed. "I AM GROOT!"

"I am Steve Rogers," said Steve.

"New recruit?" Thor regarded Rebecca as she threw a small knife at the Chitauri about to attack Thor from behind.

"More like trainee," Steve replied.

Rebecca turned to Steve and threw another knife at the Chitauri approaching them. "Excuse me?"

The sound of something large tearing through the trees caught their attention. and from the ground, sprung out huge wheels of blades. She could hear King T'Challa in the comms commanding them to fall back, but at the sight of it, the first thing that came to her mind was Bucky. Before she could cross the field, she found herself in the way of the largest death wheels with nowhere to run or hide, she tried finding a path between them but there wasn't. Before she could try to outrun it, Wanda Maximoff appeared and used her abilities to levitate the weapons and then sent it crashing to the Chitauri approaching.

"Why was she there all this time?" Okoye said to Natasha.

Natasha turned to Rebecca and saw her aiming the Widow's Bite at her. When the girl fired it, the disk went past her and shot a Chitauri that was approaching from behind.

"Barnes isn't far from here," Natasha told her.

Rebecca retracted her mask. "It's more than just us now, and he knows it."

Natasha nodded.

Fighting alongside the Black Widow was a new experience. It was the first time that she experienced a coordinated battle with someone other than Bucky. Because of her time in HYDRA, she and Bucky developed a pattern in a battle that they didn't need to speak to know what to do. With Natasha it was natural.

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here," Sam called out.

"SOMEBODY GET TO VISION!" Steve exclaimed.

"I got him!" Bruce said and then used Veronica's thrusters to fly.

Wanda spoke. "On my way – AH!"

Following Natasha and Okoye, Rebecca saw Wanda on the ground with the female alien towering over her.

"He will die alone, as will you," said the alien.

Natasha spoke. "She's not alone."

They surrounded the alien, Okoye on behind, Natasha in front, and Rebecca at her side. Roaring in annoyance, the alien attacked Natasha. Okoye and she came in to aid Natasha. When Natasha was pushed back, Rebecca attacked with her sword, clashing with the alien's weapon, but then she hit her at the same place as her injury, sending a surging pain in her body and kicked her aside. Okoye came to her aid and blocked the alien's attack, but she too was taken out. The alien attacked the Black Widow. Natasha was able to disarm her of her weapon, but the alien was bigger and stronger and pinned her to the ground. Natasha used her batons to block the blade that the alien was pushing to her face, and before she could cut, Wanda got up and used her abilities by restraining the alien's body and then threw her to the direction of the approaching death-wheel, shredding her to pieces.