Chapter Fifty-Two

The plan was always to get caught by Michael. They knew that Michael wouldn't stop until he got them, it was supposed to be Bucky and Rebecca trying to take him down, restrain him so they could get him to the Raft. But what they didn't expect was Michael putting Bucky – and Frank – in cryostasis. Now, Rebecca was fighting Michael on her own with only a belt to dodge his attacks, her suit, sword, and Widow's Bite were no to be found.

The sword that Michael was using was long and curved slightly, his style was a mix of different martial arts, which kept Rebecca away because of the sword's sharp blade and swift movements. He was good, Rebecca admitted. Well, he was in SHIELD, so he would be good. She got cut numerous times by the blade and almost got stabbed at the artery. And as he fought, Rebecca noticed how he was slowly transforming, his canines were growing sharper, eyes glowing like a beast in the night, his nails grew. He was a killing machine. More dangerous than the fists of HYDRA.

Rebecca caught Michael's hand that had the sword in her belt and trapped his hand. He punched her numerous times in the gut with his free hand but she kept her grip on him – even when the wind was blown out of her – then twisted to have him behind her and flipped him off the ground, and crash to the table. The table broke and everything on it scattered on the floor, one object, in particular, caught her attention. It was the Widow's Bite. Rebecca didn't release Michael just yet, she grabbed her trapped arm, pressed her knee of his shoulder then broke his arm, forcing him to let go of the sword. With that down, Rebecca took the sword then stabbed it to his arm, pinning him to the floor.

She ran to where she saw the Widow's Bite and put it on, she tried to look for her necklace and sword but only found the latter. Turning to Michael, she saw him slowly trying to remove the sword from his shoulder, she got out her Widow's Bite and shot him with a Widow's Bite, which he seized on the ground with the high voltage. She doubts that it would do much since, like her, he was used to that kind of torture. Running to the pods where Bucky and Frank were, she pressed on the panels on the side and started to navigate through the Russian commands to reanimate the two from cryostasis. After hitting the last command for the two, the sound of a loud and bone-chilling roar was heard.

Turning, Rebecca saw Michael standing there, heaving and slowly transforming into something huge. His body grew in size and height, ripping his clothes and leaving only his torn pants, his legs changed to what resembled a large wolf, behind him, a tail came from his back, as black as his hair, his arms grew longer and bigger, along with his hands and nails, his ears turned pointed and were now on her head, and his face transformed to the wolf with bright blue eyes. Now that he stood that tall, the sword didn't look too big, which was more concerning. She was in shock to see him use his mutation, and seeing it now, frightened her. He was as big as the Hulk, but a wolf version of the Avenger.

When Michael swung his sword at her, all Rebecca could think and do was run. Rolling to the side to dodge his attack, Rebecca lures him away from Bucky and Frank's cryostasis pods. She went behind the tank she was kept and pushed it to fall on him, but just as it tilted down, his sword sliced it through the tank, cutting it in half. Rebecca ran to hide in the bar-like area of the room, ducking under the counter, but Michael slashed the counter in half with the sword.

"Come on, sister, use your mutation! Make things interesting!" Michael roared.

There was no way she could take down Michael, especially not in this form. He was too strong for her, the only way to take him down was for him to go down. Before she could get up, Michael backhanded her, and she flew off the ground, she crashed through the glass and rolled on the ramp heading to the helipad. The cold night wind hit her harshly. Coldwater and wind were not a good mix. Michael came out of the building charging at her. Rebecca got out of her sword and clashed blades with him. She threw his sword in another direction everything he swung it when he would swing at her legs, she would jump, and when at the head she would duck.