"Oh, I-I see." Astana answered quickly.

"I mean, Lady Lombardi was definitely there."

"Florentia was taking care of His Majesty and looking around in the woods."

Perez still said without taking back the dagger.

"So you are a sinner who tried to commit treason, Astana."

"Treason! Why would I?! Even if I stay still, I will succeed to become the Emperor in the future! Why would I commit treason?!"

"Well, that's what I need to figure out in the future."

Perez flipped the dagger in his hand and thrust it in front of Astana's eyes.

"Astana Nerempe Durelli. You have tried to kill His Majesty with this dagger in the forest of the Madman and..."

At Perez's hand, the knight held out a canteen made of black leather.

"The investigation found that the bottle contained medicine."

"...medicine?"

"It's a drug that absorbs the magic at a rapid rate, causing hallucinations and so on."

"Yes, then it is!"

Astana jumped up from his seat and shouted.

"Yes, it must have ben somebody's drug! Otherwise, I can't mistake Your Majesty for you..."

"Are you saying you didn't take the medicine on your own?" Sir Sloan asked Astana.

Magic boosts human power by leaps and bounds.

It was for that reason that Astana had the strength and stamina to surpass his own limits for a few days.

"Will I deliberately absorb magic knowing I'm gonna go crazy?"

"Then this is a very important story."

Sir Sloan asked Astana with a serious face.

"Have anyone had access to this canteen?"

"How do I know that! That container wasn't even mine in the first place!"

"It's not yours? But why did you keep carrying this canteen?"

"That's it... Bellesac... Bellesac..."

Astana's speech became quieter again.

At that moment, Astana's eyes turned to Perez.

"That water bottle is..."

'When I ran into the group of the Second Prince in the forest, I swiped one of the canteens they had drank while talking about magic.'

Astana was unable to speak.

"You...you..."

He got goosebumps all over his body.

When he came to his senses, he realized that he already entered the beast's mouth.

Then, Perez, who was standing at the back said, " Tell me, Astana."

It was the same dry voice as before but it was no different from the sound of laughter for Astana.

"For it is His Majesty's command to me to find out all those who are involved, including you."

Perez's red eyes were smiling.

****

Rulac breathed a long sigh as he watched the view outside the window of the carriage entering the Lombardi mansion.