09

“Alpha?” Rubbing your eyes, you clearly see his figure, shock quite well evident lacing his face. You didn’t know how to react to his presence. Sitting straight up, with your back leaning on the wall you remained silent. Waiting for the man in front of you to speak, maybe he’s here to question you?

Or declare your punishment? Who knows what it might be? But you were sure of one thing and that was, he was not here to hear your unsaid explanation. Jimin took a breath ready to speak.

“Why didn’t you explain yourself back there?” This was a question bugging him since the start watching you not put up a fight or be rebellious like your usual self, “As if you would listen to me Park” you wanted to spit these words out at him, but held yourself back.

“I just didn’t feel the urge to prove myself. Because I know I’ve done no shit.” Passing him a sarcastic smile you looked ahead avoiding his gaze. “Are you serious? You're in a prison right now and you don’t care? Don’t tell me you’ve really leaked the information out to our enemies.” Jimin was losing his shit right now.

You were totally unbothered by the situation while the enemies were out there on the loose hook ready to hunt his pack down any second. “Maybe I did Alpha? Why don’t you just execute me like what these people told you?” His gaze darkened listening to your egoistic reply.

“If only you knew what I actually am Alpha Park Jimin, to die isn’t my fear, it never will be. Death shall fear me forever.” You tried to hold back the smuggy grin embracing your lips. “Fine rot in here, we’ll execute you tomorrow once the war is over.” Clenching his jaw he scowls at you.

His heart hankered in agony at the idea of him announcing your death. Witnessing you being executed right in front of his eyes. Keeping aside the sweet spot he held for you in his heart. He made a decision like every wise Alpha would have.

Betrayers and fallacy preachers were hated by him and will be hated on. “You’ve chosen this path yourself Y/N. I’m giving you another chance to spill the truth. I can help you out of here.”

He still hoped you'd fight to prove yourself innocent. Back there he couldn’t hear your explanation, not with all the chaos surrounding you both.

And here he is now standing right in front of you at midnight pleading for you to be honest with him ready to believe you. But you were far more adamant to prove you indeed were guilty. Which Jimin very well conceded was unlike your personality.

“Alpha, if you're done with your interrogation, can you please leave? I’ll be executed tomorrow. I believe every sinner deserves a peaceful night of sleep before the end meets him/her. I am no exception.” Jimin grits his teeth trying to resist his anger.

“You're bringing hell on yourself Y/N.” Warning you he turned his back to you walking out of your cell. Making sure to lock it behind him without a single sound.

Hearing his footsteps, walking further away because of your good hearing skills, you take a deep breath smiling at the bracelet in your hand. “Guess it’s finally time, when I call him.” 

Jimin entered his room, shutting the door behind him harshly, not caring about the sound asleep pack members. Brushing his bangs back he sat down on the bed. His face had turned red because of the rage he held back at your attitude.

He didn’t want you to die. Even if you had betrayed him, he was ready to listen to your explanation and give you another chance. But your lack of cooperation and aversion to not speaking the truth didn’t sit well with him.

“Is this the same Y/N I have known since childhood, who didn’t hesitate to put people in their place be it by hook or crook if they dare question her for shit she hadn’t done? Did I fail in seeing through her? Are these her true colours?”

“If so, why did she take so long to show her true self? Maybe she was waiting for me to trust her and then she’ll break me. If this was her real motto congratulations Y/N you’ve successfully broken this Alpha’s heart and trust.” 

A few unpermitted tears flowed down his cheeks.

“I was a fool to have fallen for you, yes I agree to have started liking you though you have a mate. But the betrayal you’ve given me is making me hate myself to not believe your words. I know this ain’t you, why are you pretending to be someone you're not? Who actually are you Y/N?”

An array of thoughts fogged his brain, twinging his already broken heart that begged him to stop the pain it suffered through. To put an end to everything.

At a point he even had a thought of running away far with you, even if you had betrayed him. He’d pretend like nothing happened. Because there would be no pack members, no mate, no war, only you and him. But we don’t always get what we desire, do we? 

“I acted like a thief in my own house sneaking out of my room at this odd hour only to meet you Y/N. But the displeasure seen in your eyes by my presence hurt me here.”

Pointing his finger at his heart he looked at his reflection in the mirror placed in his room.

He looked like a distraught man, anyone coming across him could say he wasn’t in the right state of mind. The role of being an Alpha, for the first ever time made him so weak that he wanted to give it up.

Running away from his responsibilities was not something Jimin would ever do. He held himself back trying to eradicate those false thoughts. Wiping the blemished tears glazing his skin he smiled to himself.

“I’ll protect my people, prove to them I’m worthy of being their Alpha, Even if it means I’ll have to give up on my love. Anyways, she’s not my mate right?”

“I’ve always been waiting for my mate. She’s somewhere out there waiting for me as well. Her mate shall be sad after her death, but he needs to acknowledge betrayal isn’t something that we werewolves would take up lightly.”

Thinking about mate, he wondered if Yoongi was involved in your plan as well.

“He hates our kind and calls us useless dogs; there's no way he’d support them. Listing up the past events of that vampire he’ll probably slither Yun’s throat once he finds out he’s kept a marriage proposal for his mate.”

The thought of Yoongi slithering Yun’s throat brought an unknown joy and contentment to Jimin’s heart. “Should I just banish her from the pack and let her live happily with her mate? You can’t do that Jimin, it’ll only give others a chance to stand up against the pack and betray us.”

Making up his mind to look into the matter thoroughly after the war ended, he closed his eyes. Laying down on the soft mattress. Tomorrow was a dreadful day to him, Jimin knew all his pack members won’t make it back alive after the war.

Everything carried a price so did the war. But he had to make sure all of them were safe, if not for the sake of the pack’s safety than for their unarmed families at least.