Chapter 6 - Glimpses

Start from the beginning

The bouncy redhead gave Mundus a quick smile before walking away. Her green dress whirled around her knees as she did so.

Reyna's shocked silence faded when she left. She glared at Mundus. "Alright, Dan, where did you get those clothes? And on another note-really? You can talk all normal? Why can't you just talk like that all the time instead of your weird look-at-my-fancy-many-words style that you always do?"

Mundus could not help but be amused by Reyna's actions. Despite her still flustered and hectic state of mind, she still clung to enough reason to scold him. Unfortunately, he still craved mischief, and she was the only one around to torment.

Mundus crossed his arms over his chest, involuntary flexing them in the process. Reyna looked away, her face heating up again. He caught her blush, and it pleased him.

"Such apparel was obtained from your guest room," he said. "In response to your other inquiry, I desire my language as it is so."

She gave him a stare. "Why would you change clothes?"

He grinned.

His new body was enticing many malicious intentions in him, and he intended to fully experience them. Mundus slowly advanced towards Reyna. Her resolve quickly plummeted and she backed away from him. Her palms groped the wall first, followed by the rest of her body.

Mundus' face now hovered inches above hers. He smelled of autumn leaves. "Your female acquaintance's words," he spoke, voice vibrating through her, "did not bypass my demonic hearing."

"Her words?" Reyna's voice shook. She looked down.

Mundus stroked her hair. The touch of her locks flared something in him. Long had it been since he had a woman, much less touch one. He leaned closer to Reyna. "Words of tasting were spoken."

Reyna's breath froze in her throat. His warm fingertips were now enticing her neck. Mundus grinned as he felt her pulse rise. He coaxed her to face him. When their eyes met, the demon's lust increased. Robust arms wrapped around Reyna's waist, pulling her away from the wall towards a bare and warm chest. Munuds' rough musk infused with Reyna's soft perfume.

"Dante shall not come to know of this," he harshly whispered and closed the remaining space between them.

When their lips met, something cold exploded inside of Reyna's stomach. She wasn't supposed to be doing this, but it felt so nice. Confused, yet craving his taste-yes, Julie had spoken of tasting him-she gave in and closed her eyes. As soon as she did, Mundus pushed her away.

The smirk on Mundus' lips sliced through like a knife, but the impact of what she had done sunk in further than his grin. Reyna backed away from her mistake, her betrayal. Hand over her lips she gazed at the ground.

Dante, she sadly thought.

Fumbling a few times, Mundus finally managed to button up his shirt and adjust his pants. "I shall henceforth present myself as a guest in your celebratory affair."

Reyna's head snapped up at his words. "What? You-you can't!"

Mundus was walking away before she could even finish her sentence. She didn't go after him. Her legs felt weak but managed to back her up against the wall once more where she allowed herself to slide down to the ground.

A slap of mixed emotions petrified her. They were present but elusive. She couldn't grip them right to question why they were there. There was one feeling that stood out the most but it wasn't one she wanted to acknowledge. If she did, that would mean giving into it.

She shook her head. "No," she whispered. "That's stupid."

"Reyna?"

Another voice. This one was deep and scratchy.