34 - Care

Todoroki's POV:

We arrived back at the dorms later that night. Most people were already asleep, or had at least retreated to their personal dorm for the night.

I was honestly still tired, even after napping, but I didn't plan on falling asleep.

Maybe I'll get to sneak out and go to the gym

After he falls asleep of course

Suddenly, I felt him grab my wrist and pull me into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"You didn't eat dinner and I didn't either so I'm making food and you're gonna eat it.

"Oh. Well I'm not hungry really."

"I didn't ask if you wanted food. I said I'm making food and you're gonna eat it. Get over it."

"But I'm not hungr-"

"Don't care."

"I-"

"Nope. Shut up."

I sighed loudly and sat down at a stool, putting my head down on the counter.

- small time skip -

I woke up to Bakugo tapping my shoulder.

"Huh?"

"Wake up, food is ready."

"Oh shit did I fall asleep? I'm sorry..."

"It's okay damnit, why would I care? Here."

He slid a bowl of cold soba across the table towards me and sat across from me.

"Figured if I can get you to eat anything, soba has the best chance."

"Thank you. It really is my favorite."

"I know."

I picked up my chopsticks and slowly picked at it, eating small bites. It wasn't that I didn't want to eat. I just didn't see the point.

But I'd make an exception for soba.

We finished our food quickly and rinsed our dishes.

"Thank you."

"Hm? For what?"

"The food."

"Oh. You already said thank you once."

"So? It was good."

"I guess it was okay. It wasn't that good, I made it in a hurry."

"Well I liked it and I'm the ultimate soba critique so just take the compliment and stop being hard on yourself."

"Oh yeah says the guy who's literally always hard on himself for no damn reason."

"I have reasons."

"Like what?"

"Being weak."

"You're literally almost the strongest in our class, second to me of course but don't feel bad about that."

"Midoriya is easily stronger than me."

"Nope wrong."

"He beat you today though so doesn't than make him stronger than-"

"This isn't about me okay, shut up. I'm saying the majority of the extras in our class don't even hold a candle to you so don't worry about it."

"I guess."