27 - Beautiful

Todoroki's POV:

"What do you mean we need to talk?" He said, almost mockingly. "Finally done with your childish rebellion?"

"This isn't about that." I sat across from him at the table, fidgeting with my hands under the table. "It's about, uh... um...." I panicked, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

Endeavor sighed and glared at me, clearly annoyed and waiting for me to be finished.

"Um.... How...... How's mom?"

"Tch. She's a moronic woman. Always has been. So?"

"Is she still in the hospital?"

He hesitated slightly. It was difficult to notice, but at this point in my life I had memorized his behavior patterns. Usually for the purpose of self defense. But I noticed the pause just before he spoke again.

"Yes she is. Why do you ask? You're so damn annoying."

He's lying

Using insults to cover the truth

Or the whole truth at least

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"I don't know, maybe a few months ago. Why?"

"You're lying. Please for once just fucking tell me the truth. I deserve to know. I saw you guys out together just the other day."

Endeavor stayed silent.

"I just wanna know the truth."

"It's none of your concern."

"She's my mother."

"Barely."

"Is she out of the hospital?"

"Shut up."

"Is she out of the hospital?" I said, this time more sternly. He sighed.

"Yes."

"Where is she?"

"Who care-"

"Where the fuck is she?! I have a right to speak to my own fucking mother."

"She doesn't want to talk to you, idiot. You're the reason she ended up in the hospital in the first place. Why would she want to see you? She doesn't even want to look at you. You ruined everything for her simply because you existed. She may have given birth you, but she definitely doesn't consider you her son."

"I..."

"Did you really think that just because she's out of the hospital, everything just goes away? You think she'll just forget about her fucked up son?!?! I may have took her to that hospital, but you drove her there!!!! Let it go!!! She doesn't wanna see you... She fucking hates you!!!! So fuck off."

"But-"

"Perhaps you didn't hear me." He leaned closer over the table and repeated himself loudly. "Fuck off."

My eyes teared up a bit, but I stopped them as quickly as I could.

If I start crying he'll just call me weak.

I stood up and knocked my chair over, storming off as it clattered to the ground.

"Asshole." I muttered under my breath as I ran upstairs back to my room.

I walked inside and slammed the door, making Bakugo jump slightly. I walked over, kicking my bedstand and sitting down on the bed. Various objects from my nightstand, mostly pill bottles, clattered to the floor loudly. I rested my head in my hands  and tried to focus on my breathing. I wasn't sad.