19 - Not Enough

Bakugo's POV:

He left with a solemn look on his face, leaving me alone in the room. I sighed, walking over and sitting on his bed. I looked around the room, not really knowing what to do.

I guess I'll just wait

There's nothing more I can do

I clenched my fist as I heard yelling from downstairs, followed by grunts of pain.

I wish there was more I could do

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, gathering various medical supplies for when he came back. I noticed there were more blades now.

I guess he recently bought more

I was about to throw them away, but I stopped myself.

It doesn't matter if I take them away

It won't help the urge

He'll still find a way

Hell he could even use his ice

Taking away the blades won't help

He just needs to get to a point where he can take them away from himself

I can't take the urges away

He has to reach that point on his own

It'll take time

But it'll be worth it

He still needs my help though

I walked out and over to his desk, grabbing the pack of sticky notes on top. I wrote my phone number on a few of them and walked back into the bathroom. I stuck one on the pack of blades, one on the mirror, one beside the faucet, and the final one back on the wall beside his desk.

It may not help much

But at least he may reconsider

At least it will be there to remind him there are other options

Even if he doesn't call me until after he cuts

One day those notes might be the difference between life and death for him

I sighed.

I hope he chooses life.

Time skip to an hour later

Todoroki's POV:

I fell to the ground, coughing harshly as the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. I wiped the blood off my face and stood up shakily, not wanting to appear weaker than I already had. I was exhausted, having been training nonstop for the last brutal hour. My ears were ringing and my head was dangerously light. Black dots impaired my vision.

But I had to keep going.

"Come on Shoto, you can do better than that. Don't waste my time. Hit me." He scoffed.

I lifted my arm and stepped forward a bit to hit him, but my body gave out. My arm fell to my side as my legs gave out, causing me to collapse to the ground. Tears filled my eyes as I heard him walking over to me.

"You need to do better than this. Today was just pitiful damnit!!!" I saw him lift his foot, closing my eyes in fear as I felt the impact on my ribs. I struggled to breathe as I sat up, the air in my lungs escaping with each breath. I could barely feel my body due to the amount of pain I was in, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't breathe.