14 - Breaking Point

Todoroki's POV:

We walked back to the dorms, this time going to his room to talk instead of mine. I was shaking the whole time. I hated confrontation about anything. Especially stuff like this.

He walked inside and kicked off his shoes, jumping onto his bed immediately and sighing. I lingered awkwardly by the door, closing it quietly behind me. A few seconds passed and I nervously glaced around the room. Bakugo sighed and sat up at the end of the bed, finally making eye contact with me.

"You look like I'm holding you at gunpoint or something."

"No I don't."

"Yeah, you do."

"If you were holding me at gunpoint I'd be begging you to fire, trust me." I sighed. He stayed silent.

Then it dawned on me.

What the hell did I just say?!

"Tch. Whatever. I would never point a gun at you without the safety on dumbass."

"Why's that?"

"Because I just wouldn't, okay? Now sit down, damnit you look like you're ready to make a run for it."

"Right. Sorry."

"Whatever."

I walked over and sat across from him on the bed, nervously fidgeting with my hands. I kept my head down, avoiding eye contact.

"So talk."

"There's nothing to sa-" I was interrupted my a hard slap across the face.

"Damnit don't gimme that crap, I don't wanna hear it!!! Don't pretend like this isn't a big deal, and don't pretend like there isn't a damn reason!!! I know better than that, just please..... don't." I stared at him in shock, and he looked down. "Now, idiot. How long?"

"I suppose it's been awhile."

"That's not an answer."

"Fine. Since I got into UA."

"Why?"

What does he mean why?

Being forced to go home and train every damn day to the point of exhaustion

Until I couldn't even stand on my own two feet anymore

For hours and hours

Till nightfall

I felt my breathing speed up, remembering every detail.

I came to school with new bruises every damn day

Dark circles under my eyes

Crying in the middle of class

Never speaking unless I was spoken to

Having to put on a brave face all damn day

Until I went home, only to do it all over again

My eyes widened and I felt my heart beat faster, playing a melody of rage.

Does he have any idea how mentally excruciating it is?

To go home and get beaten up every day

Screamed at for hours

Having someone tell you you'll never amount to anything

While also expecting you to be everything all at once

To not be able to do anything about that