S05 E04: New York, New York

Start from the beginning

Lexie chuckled from the other side of the phone.

"You know I love you. And be thankful I called you. Do I finally get to see the wife and the kiddos?"

"The twins are coming, so you'll see them. Izzie has classes though, so she won't be with us. But I could facetime her once we're there or something."

"Great, everyone here misses the both of you as well. We're also having a lecture so I would appreciate it if you spoke a little bit there."

Christen leaned her head on Michelle's shoulder, making Mitch look down at her wife and smile, before looking at her kids, making sure that they were eating.

"Is that what you wanted to speak to me about?"

"Uh... no. But it would have to wait until you come here. You have a helicopter license right?"

"Okay Alexandra, you are asking me these questions that do not connect whatsoever. What are you up to?"

"You'll see. Okay, see you tomorrow. I'm gonna spoil your kids tomorrow, okay, love youuu, byeee."

Michelle rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Okay, love you too bye."

She looked at her wife with a grin.

"Everything alright?"

Mitch nodded and kissed Christen's forehead.

"Of course, everything is perfect. But, you are going to have to meet a couple of crazy people as well."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arriving in New York, Michelle is hit with nostalgia, like she always is when she is here. There is a reason why she and Christen did not lay their roots in New York. Aside from Christen's family and work being in LA, a lot of memories flooded into her when came back here.

The good, the bad... a lot of the bad.

But still, New York has a special part in her heart. From the Broadway shows when she was a resident. All of these involve special people that have helped her through all the different shit she went through.

Battle scars are something you get from battle. You get that and in a way, it is a reminder of how strong you are, how hard you fought.

In a way, New York is her battle scar.

"You're going to be okay right babe?"

Christen smiled at her wife and nodded her head.

"I will be with Tobin, Kling, Pinoe, and Sue, if anything happens then you would be the first to know."

Michelle nodded and grabbed the hands of the twins. They walked out of the car, waved at Christen and the re-inc girlies before they started walking towards the hospital.

A lot of things had changed ever since the last time she came here, which was about 8 years ago. She remembers everything. All the lives she was able to save, all the lives she wasn't able to, and all the shit that they went through.

Hospital drama is a lot. And when she says a lot, oh it is a lot.

She wore a black dress and stilettos while the twins wore white turtle necks and black skirts. Mitch and Chris were not one to want their kids matching, and with them being identical it was hard for other people to tell who is who, but the twins loved wearing the same thing.

They loved hearing other people stutter and second guess who is who.

"Are you girlies ready?"

The twins nodded and started bouncing in excitement. They were excited to finally get to enter a hospital since the last time they were there, Michelle was shot, so they really only stayed in one room. And now they get to explore one.