~Chapter 45

E  R  I  C  K    D  I  A  Z  '  S    P  O  V:-

"Erick! Are you up yet?" Mom's voice draws nearer.

I groan and roll over in my bed.

"Let me sleep! It's a Saturday!" I say sleepily.

She opens my door and looks at me with something close to annoyance.

"Papi, get up, I have a surprise for you. You're going to love it. Get ready and meet me downstairs in ten minutes, okay? Don't keep us waiting. Jesy will be here too." She says and leaves.

Wait, Jesy?

I get up from bed and get ready before Mom can call me down again.

"What's the surprise that involves Jesy?" I ask when I finally go down.

"You'll see. Don't worry, you'll love it." She says, kissing my cheek.

"Where's Chris? And Brian?" I ask, confused.

Brian normally wakes me up, being the annoying sibling that he is.

He jumps on my bed till I get up.

Yeah, he's a sweet kid till you get to know him, then he becomes a hyper ball of excitement.

After breakfast, Chris and Brian finally come home.

"Erick, great, you're ready. I need you to put this on before I reveal anything." Chris says, handing me a blindfold.

A blindfold?

What the Hell is going on?

Chris must realize what I'm thinking because he says, "Put it on, it'll all make sense later."

I put it on grudgingly and when no one moves or says anything, I roll my eyes and say, "I can't see. Anyone want to help me walk?"

I hear people shuffling towards me and Chris says somewhere near me, "It's outside, so follow me."

He grabs me arm and leads me outside the house.

When everyone is finally ready, Mom and Chris say, "Alright, we'll remove your blindfold in 3...2...1!"

When the blindfold is removed I see the outside of my yard.

Nothing unusual.

"Uhhh what's the surprise again?" I ask, confused.

"Look at your driveway, Doofus." Jesy says from behind me.

I turn around and see Jesy standing next to a... Blue Bentley 2016 Mulsanne.

"Wait- is that...is that for me?" I ask, shocked and amazed.

I've admired this car since I was a kid.

And now, it's just sitting there in my driveway.

"Yup. I know we didn't get to celebrate the fact that you got your driver's license, so here's a little reward for you." Mom says, her eyes shining proudly.

"How did you know this was the car I wanted?" I ask, surprised.

"We had a little help from your friend here." Chris says, nodding towards Jesy.

"Jess, you knew about this?" I ask, still not believing this.

I examine the car's exterior in amazement.

"I convinced your mom you were responsible enough to own a car, since you managed to pass your driving test." She says, trying to sound indifferent.