~Chapter 34

Once Erick and I are out of earshot, and at a safe distance, Erick grabs me by my wrist and makes me face him.

"Jessica, who was that?" He asks, concern lacing his tone.

"That was Corbyn Darlington. My ex." I say.

"What happened between you two?" He asks, his eyes searching mine for answers.

"Corbyn doesn't go to our school. He goes to a school that our team once played against. Shortly after my sister's death, I was relentlessly upset, till I met Corbyn. He met me after the match and asked if I wanted to go out with him for some coffee, since I wanted a break from crying my eyes out, I agreed. After that, we started going on more dates and finally, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I agreed. Finally, I started opening up to him and trusting him. About a month later, I was finally feeling like myself and much happier and confident. One day, our school had a match against his school and so we went to their school. After the match, which we won, I went into the locker rooms to change and when I came out, I not only heard him talking seductively to another girl, but they kissed each other right in front of me. He even told her that he loved her. I was so shocked, furious and devastated, I ran out of there and he didn't even try to stop me or even explain. I felt so worthless, weak and dumb. A week of weeping and wailing passed, and that's when I got fed up of pitying myself. Instead of showing people what a pity I was-"

"You proved otherwise. You stood strong and confident more than ever. You became distant, cold, and powerful." Erick says, wistfully.

Instead of feeling sad, upset or angry about having to relive the experience, I feel numb.

I look away, not meeting his eye.

"I stopped trusting people." I say quietly.

"And I don't blame you. Anyone would have trust issues." He says gently.

"But why didn't you put a finger down that day when we were playing never have I ever?" He asks.

I sigh.

"I was scared. I was scared of letting people know. I didn't want anyone to know. Jas was the only person who knew before you." I say.

"I'm guessing she's the only person you trust?" He asks.

I nod my head.

"She has always been there for me. She was my rock during the bad times in my life and I was hers. We've always been there for each other. Since kindergarten." I say fondly.

"Was he your first boyfriend?" He asks, referring to Corbyn.

I nod my head.

I almost gave my virginity up for him.

I'm so glad I didn't.

"Thanks for playing along back there." I say gratefully.

Corbyn wouldn't stop glaring at Erick since he laid his eyes on him.

The look of pain and regret on his face was so satisfying.

Erick had played his role as my boyfriend so well, without even asking any questions.

"I'd do again for you if I had to." He says, kissing my forehead gently.

"I meant those words that I said about you in front of him." I say softly.

He smiles.

"I like how you always say what you're feeling." He says. "Though sometimes you can be obnoxious." He chuckles.

"I honestly don't whether to take that as a compliment or an insult." I say with a frown.

He shrugs and says, "Whatever floats your boat, babe."

He grabs a bottle that we got at the theatre and drinks from it.

I watch the way his Adam's apple bobs up and down with each sip.

How can he make drinking water look so hot?

He catches me staring and smirks.

I roll my eyes and that's when an evil plan forms in my mind.

I gently tip the bottle backwards, making the water spill over him.

I laugh at his misery.

He scowls at me.

"You have 3 seconds to run." He says dangerously, and I immediately know I'm in trouble.

I make a dash for it and run into an alley nearby to catch my breath.

I yelp when he catches up to me.

He corners me against a wall and my heart beats faster.

I push myself up against the wall and look at him.

"You're going to pay for that, missy." He says, his voice dangerously low.

He leans in closer, his breath fanning my face.

My breaths become shallow and my heart hammers inside my chest.

He presses his lips against my skin, a spot right below my ear, and I shiver involuntarily.

He starts moving his lips around that area, making me close my eyes in pleasure.

Oh my God, what is he doing to me?

Where's my sanity?

Before I can regain my sanity, he pours the rest of the contents of the bottle onto me.

I shriek and open my eyes.

He's drenched too.

His white shirt clings to his skin.

Ha, serves him right.

Though he looks quite sexy...

He smirks at me.

"Got you wet, didn't I?" He says cheekily.

I scowl at him.

"I hate you." I say, turning away from him and glaring at him.

"Aw, don't be mad, I'll give you a piggy back ride back to my bike." He says coaxingly.

My face softens.

"Bend down for your Queen." I say grandly.

He chuckles and gets down on his knees.

I climb onto his back, wrap my legs around his waist and place my hands on his shoulders.

"Do I even weigh anything to you?" I ask, surprised at how easily he can carry me.

"Nope. It's like carrying a bunch of grapes." He says.

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N:- Hola peeps!

Directioners, did you catch the Easter eggs so far?

Btw, please vote if you liked this chapter and tell me what you think so far!

I hate Corbyn for cheating on Jesy.

No one deserves to be cheated on, and no one should cheat on anyone. It's disgusting.