38: We're not scared

Comenzar desde el principio

"You're so beautiful, remember that." I complimented her. Whenever she's down, a compliment will do for Jennie. And I'm right, she brings down the knife she's holding to hug me "I will wait for you tell it to me, even it weighs a ton, I'm willing to help you carry that feeling." I feel she's nodding and a little sniff can be heard "Take your time but not too long for us to think the solution we need for that." I kiss her cheek after I said that.

I caress her back and minutes later she calms down and two of us continue cutting the veggies.

-

In the living room, Karina is carrying her sister Yeri while Winter is busy playing hide and seek with Joy and Leo.

Yeri noticed something in her unnie's face so she examines Karina's face.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Karina asked Yeri.

Yeri tilts Karina's face not minding the latter's whines.

She released herself from Karina and went to kitchen where Irene and Jennie are.

"Mommy..." she calls her mom.

"Why?"

"Nana unnie has a band-aid in her face, left cheek." she reported.

"Why does she have that? Did she told you why?" Irene let her daughter sit in the kitchen counter.

"No." Yeri answered, she pick the banana beside her and eat it right away, of course she peeled it first "Mama Jen, you and Leo will sleep here right?" she asked Jennie.

"Yeah. You want to sleep with me?"

"No Jen! She will surely kick your stomach just what she did before to me." Irene disagree.

"Yes, Mama Jen. I want to but dada said it's not good to thr pregnant like you and mommy if your stomach were kicked." she handed the banana peel to her mom.

"Don't get another one." Irene referring to banana because Yeri was about to get another one.

The little girl pouts but then continue to talk with Jennie and her mommy.

-

Seulgi and Wendy arrived with the ingredients and handed it right away to Irene and Jennie.

The four of them talking and sometimes Wendy and Seulgi throwing a joke to cheer Jennie up but Irene just glare at her bear playfully to tease her because none of her jokes were funny, she said.

All of them is halfway eating their dinner when Irene remembers what her youngest told her earlier. She check Karina's face by looking at her momentarily and she noticed also what Yeri said to her and she saw some visible small scratches in Karina's jawline down to her neck.

"Where did you get that band-aid and scratches, Nana?" everyone look at Karina except to Leo who's busy in his favorite chicken.

On the other hand, Seulgi and Wendy started to get sweaty and silently praying that Karina will not tell her mom what really happened.

"It's- " Karina was about to answer her mom but to be cut by Sooyoung.

"Maybe dada didn't took care unnie." Joy giggled enjoying herself to tease her dada.

"What happened to her? Seulgi? Wendy?" Irene seriously asked the two because as far as she remember, Karina doesn't have a bruise or any of these when she and Jackson sent her to state college.

The two laughs nervously. Wendy fulls her mouth by the food in her plate while Seulgi drinks the orange juice and pretending that they didn't hear Irene.

Leo borrow Jennie's phone so he can watch Cocomelon since he's done already but Jennie accidentally tap the suggested video that is now viral in social media.

"Wan, you're trending... and you too Seul.." Jennie showed the phone to Wendy with full volume.

Irene's brows creased.

"Shit." Seulgi and Wendy mumbled then excuse themselves before dashing off upstairs but then...

"YOU WERE WHAT?!" Irene's loud voice echoes all over the house.

The two continue to go upstairs with unexplainable speed. For sure, Irene will get mad for not telling that to her.

At the same time.

"They're really not scared." Karina mumbled after Seulgi and Wendy dashed out.

-

Get well soon TWICE Jeongyeon, be strong.

-Y