[ choice ] - toru oikawa fluff

*~{ Choice }~*

236 Words.

Prompt: Toru and (Y/N) watch their son make a choice.

*  *  *

"He's going to reach for the volleyball first!"

"No, he'll reach for the notebook and markers. I'm sure of it!"

My husband whips his head toward me and smirks. "Sure, sure."

"Toru, come on, admit defeat. He's going to end be like me!"

"No, no, he's going to reach for that volleyball and I'm going to teach him!"

The child stares at us, and then his round eyes observe the two items.

We both fall silent and watch our son, who has his hands on the floor, ready to crawl. It's been four years since Taki was born, and now he's being given a choice. What will he pursue first?

I'm a freelance artist, and Toru is a professional volleyball player now. We're about to see who's side the son is on.

Taki stares at the Mikasa volleyball, and then reaches out to it. His arms wrap around the top of the object, leaning on it and smiling.

"Ba..." He coos, trying to say 'ball'. I look over to my husband. He almost looks like he's just been gifted the universe. Eyes shining like pearls, accompanied by a big smile, he scoops up his son and laughs.

"Hahaha! I told you he would choose volleyball!"

"Fine, I'll admit defeat.. But he's going to be amazing at drawing and a badass volleyball player!" I reach up, patting my son's hair.

"Ball! Bolleyball!" The four-year-old cheers.