[ smile ] - katsuki bakugo fluff

*~{ Smile }~*

578 Words.

Prompt: (Y/N)'s smile makes Bakugo nervous.

*  *  *

I follow behind Bakugo, popping the end of a pocky stick into my mouth. "Bakugo!"

"What?" He jerks his head back and glares at me, backpack swiveling in the process.

"I wanna walk home with you!"

"But no. Get lost."

"But then I'd never get home..." I furrow my brows and run, catching up with him.

He abruptly stops since I cut off his path, and he glares daggers at me as if he's about to murder me.

"Fine. Just don't be too loud." He finally responds after what felt like a year.

"Yay!" I grin brightly, going to his side and clapping my hands together.

He stares at me and looks away, hiding his face.

"Stop that."

Now I'm really confused.

"Stop what?"

"Doing that thing with your face when you're happy. It's making me nervous." His eyes met with mine again, a fire in his eyes that was different from the other times.

"Huh? you're nervous? By my smile no less..." I tilt my head, grin devolving into a gentle one.

Bakugo scoffs and looks away once more, folding his arms.

"You're like a tsundere version of Natsu..."

"Who?"

"Nothing. Anyway, does my smile really make you nervous?" I point to my lips while I grin.

"Stop." He warns.

"But it's hard not to smile. It's fun, you know? Sure, if you smile too long it makes your face hurt but that's better than frowning for too long, right?" I poke my index fingers into my cheeks, sticking out my tongue.

All of a sudden, Bakugo grabs my jaw and turns my head, making my body turn toward him. Our faces are only inches apart, causing my face to flush and my smile to turn to pursed lips. His own face is dusted with red.

Then, Katsuki Bakugo, the one person I least expected to ever say these words, actually says it.

"Stop smiling. It's too cute."

I find myself wondering what he would do if i smile again.

I mean, I see Bakugo as a friend, but he always acts like I'm a thorn in his side. Where is this coming from?

"Wait wait wait, did you just say the C word?"

He just gazes into my eyes without an answer, clenching his teeth and making his grip on my jaw gentler. His scarlet orbs gave off contemplation, but I could never begin to tell what he was thinking about.

He lets my jaw go and keeps walking. I watch him go for a few seconds before I manage to break out of my dumbfounded state and follow him.

We continue to walk home in silence, but I can't help but keep casting glances at him, gently tracing my fingers over my jaw.

Bakugo seems to notice this, and he sighs.

"Don't think much of it, idiot."

I anxiously nod, unconsciously going closer to him.