[ half-asleep ] - shota aizawa fluff

*~{ Half-Asleep }~*

486 Words.

Prompt: Aizawa is sleeping in the classroom, and (Y/N) comes to bring him his lunch.

*  *  *

I stroll down the hall of U.A., heading to Class 1-A, the domain of my fellow teacher and friend, Shota Aizawa.

I was just going to drop off his lunch since he left it in the staff room and he probably wasn't awake.

I round the corner, met with the expected sight of Eraser Head himself sitting against the wall, snuggled into his caterpillar sleeping bag while he slept peacefully.

I step inside the classroom and pass the front, setting the lunch on the teaching stand while I silently approach Eraser.

I lower my body and crouch, holding onto both of my knees.

Eraser was, without a doubt, asleep. He looks so peaceful, and I don't want to wake him up.

But it must be done.

I put my index finger to his nose, sticking my tongue out between my lips. His eyes creak open, lips parting in question.

"Hey, kitty." I put my hand back to my knee while my gentle voice breaks the silence in the room.

Eraser stares at me and blinks, not minding the nickname that I call him on a regular basis.

"Sīdái?"

"Oh, you don't have to call me by my hero name here, you know."

"What time is it?" He closes his eyes again, burying his face into the sleeping bag.

I glance at my phone. "12:35."

Eraser hums, snuggling further into the sleeping bag.

"You're so cute when you're half-asleep like this." I grin and scoot over to lean against the wall with him.

I silently start to eat my lunch while he sleeps, occasionally casting glances at him.

I really love his company. We both met in our third year at this very school, and I joined the friend group between him, Mic and Midnight. They were all my closest friends, but I've always liked hanging out with Eraser more.

I'm snapped back to reality by Eraser's voice, only to be completely dumbfounded.

"You're way cuter than me."

My ears grow hot and I'm sure my face looks like a tomato.

Who is this, and what has he done with Eraser Head?

Am I dreaming?

He unzips his sleeping bag and slips out of it, setting it by his teaching stand and grabbing his lunch I had brought.

As if nothing just happened, he sits right back down next to me and eats his lunch like this is just a normal Tuesday thing.

I stammer over my words and struggle to form a sentence.

"You call.. cute, me so shock feels.."

Eraser turns his eyes to my face and notices how red I am. "Did you forget how to talk over that?"

"H-How am I s-supposed to when I'm so shocked?"  I keep stammering and tripping over my own tongue.

He puts his index finger on my lips gently, then moves it.

"You should wait until you know how to speak again."