[ tolerate ] - kei tsukishima enemies to lovers

*~{ Tolerate }~*

606 Words.

Prompt: Tsukishima and (Y/N) are forced to dance together.

*  *  *

"Come on, (Y/N)! You gotta dance, it's a wedding after all."

"It's alright, everyone else already has a partner. I'd just be the odd-one-out in this." I decline Hinata's notion outright, smiling gently.

"But Tsukishima doesn't have a partner." The human tangerine points to the table where the lanky middle blocker is eating strawberry shortcake, looking like he has no interest in the wedding.

"We don't exactly get along. Besides, I don't even know if he knows how to dance. And even if he does, we wouldn't want to dance with each other. Someone would have to force us."

"I'm sure he can dance to some degree, even if he's Tsukishima." My friend speaks a little too loudly and someone speaks from another table.

"What?"

The man himself is staring at us with his brows tilted downward, holding his plate of shortcake condescendingly.

"Hey, Tsuki, can you dance?" Hinata asks immediately.

"What? Of course I can dance, what loser doesn't know how to dance?"

Kuroo puts his hand on Tsukishima's head, staring down at him. "You'd be surprised, Graham Cracker. You're still young and agile, so dance while you can!" The Nekoma captain rounds the seat and pulls Tsuki up by his arm, leading him over to where I'm sitting. "Even if you just tolerate your dance partner."

"What?" I furrow my brows, standing up.

"You two have to get along somehow. And what better way than engaging in a dance together?"

"Kuroo, that is literally the dumbest idea ever." Tsukishima sighs, fixing his glasses.

"It may be, but it's worth a try, right? Now go." He takes the strawberry shortcake from the other middle blocker and sets it down, pushing him toward me.

Hinata is gone now too as soon as Kuroo runs off, so it's just the two of us. I sigh, grabbing his hand and leading him onto the ballroom floor, careful that my dress doesn't accidentally trip him. "Let's just get this over with, we can't get out of it if that rooster is involved."

"Tch, alright then."

Once we're in the midst of all of the pairs dancing, I stop and turn, him wrapping his right hand around my side while I set my left hand onto his shoulder, our free hands joining. As we start to dance, he says something.

"Better not let this go to your head, pipsqueak."

"Oh, I wasn't going to. Dancing with someone I don't really get along with isn't something I would like to remember."

"Me neither," He responds as he spins me around, "but we'll probably end up with this living in our heads rent-free."

I set my hand back onto his shoulder and look him right in the eyes. "Probably."

He returns the stare with half-lidded eyes, tightening his grip on my hand. "Even if we don't get along, we can still tolerate each other, right?"

My face inches closer, putting my eyes a few inches from his neck and then tilting my jaw upward, leaving my lips mere centimeters from his ear.

"Guess so." I whisper. A second later, his ear turns red. My eyebrow raises, but I decide not to say anything. If I'm being honest, dancing with Tsukishima is interesting, if not a tiny, tiny smidge enjoyable.

I feel his lips brushing against the side of my forehead, and now it's my turn to be a little flustered. Yes, this is part of the dance, but when it's him I'm dancing with, it makes it more embarrassing.

Kei Tsukishima, you genuinely confuse me. Do I not like you or am I in love with you?