[ slip-up ] - hitoshi shinso fluff

*~{ Slip-up }~*

451 Words.

Prompt: Shinso and (Y/N) save a cat.

* * *

"How's the training with Eraser Head going?" I ask Shinso, playing around with my hair while staring at his purple locks, dreaming of playing with his hair.

"It's going fine, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the capture weapon."

"I can see why, that thing looks hard. I bet you can do it though, Shinso! You're a fast learner."

"Am I?"

I nod and he puts his hand on the back of his neck. "Never been told that."

"Huh. Am I really the only one who noticed?" I tap my chin.

Shinso shrugs, but he tenses when a tiny squeak comes from nearby. It sounds.. like a cat?

The squeaking continues and we both look around. There's a cat in a tree above us, clinging to the branch with it's claws.

"Oh gosh. Shinso, are you able to reach that?"

He looks up at the branch and jumps, but he's not nearly tall enough. Once he lands, I hum.

"I have an idea."

After some convincing, I climb onto his shoulders and reach up to the cat. "Come here, we're trying to save you..."

The cat squeaks, inching away from my hand. I reach up my other hand and gently grab the cat while it yowls and starts to scratch my arms. I fall back from the cat's weight and onto the ground.

The cat scurries away, and I sit up. "Ugh..."

"(Y/N), you alive?" Shinso turns and crouches, reaching for my face.

"Barely..."

"Woah, that thing scratched you bad. Here, let me help you up." He grabs my hand and helps me to my feet, leading me to where we were originally going, which is his house where we were going to study.

I sit down on the couch while he goes to get first aid supplies, and once he comes back he gently grabs my arm, treating it while I stare around the room and swing my legs.

"This might sting a little."

I flinch at the stinging of antiseptic in the wound, wincing, and my friend rubs his thumb against my skin comfortingly. Once he's finished my arms, he looks up into my eyes. "Any other scrapes?"

"Yeah, I think it got my face."

He studies my face and sees a cut on my face. Gently grabbing my chin and turning my face to the right a little, he starts to treat that scratch.

"There. All better."

"Thanks, Shinso!" I grin. "For helping save that cat and treating the scratches."

He blinks a few times and then looks away. "No problem." He blushes the tiniest bit. It's so hard to notice, but I store that image into my mind to look back on for awhile.