Chapter 3

Newt's P.O.V

"So you said you got someone yesterday?" I asked curiously. The insane crank looked up at me.

"Yes I have, but I wouldn't have told you unless your mother helped me out!" He admitted. I rolled my eyes at the poor boy.

"And really interesting what did she do for you?" I asked trying to make him forget about the person he captured.

"Well when my mother was dying she fed me, dressed me, educated me and other things that were important for me!" He told me.

Well I was surprised because ever since the East Senturie stopped getting food from the government my mother and father took control of the situation and grew food for all of our Senturie. So basically the people called them the king and queen of the East. But when the flare got out of hand they were killed by some cranks.

"Well I don't remember much of her!" I told Lukas while he was chewing away on something. Since they were killed I was technically known as the prince of the East. Luckily no one tries to kill me, or by know I would've been dead.

"She was a great person, basically saved the whole Senturie!" Lukas told me. I gave him a faint smile.

"So where is Caden?" I asked. "He was the one that took someone from the Wests, right?" I added.

Lukas looked up at me and I could see he was trying to think, but sadly the flare was eating his brain out. "I think he's over in Keepers Den!" He told me after a minute of silence.

I gave him a pat on the back and started walking over to the Keepers Den. "Caden?" I called out once I entered the Keepers Den.

"Newt, s'that you?" He called back. Me and Caden used to be best friends before the flare ate him away. It's actually really hard watching him do all this stuff knowing he can't control himself.

"Yes, can I ask you something?" I called out to him because I had no idea where exactly he was.I took my chance and walked deeper into the dark room.

"Gowan ask meh!" He said coming up from behind me. I slightly jumped but turned around.

"Did you take anyone yesterday during the attack?" I asked pushing him out into the light. He just looked at me in disgust and spit on me.

"Ya think I'd do that?" He asked me. All I could do was nod and he smiled. I pinned Caden to the wall and looked him in the eyes.

"Tell me who you captured or where he or she is?" I ordered him. His eyes gave out all his emotions to me.

"T'was a guy!" Was all he told me. "I knocked 'im out yesterday nigh'!" He also added in a few seconds later.

"Really, knocking someone out?" I laughed and he joined in with me. "Right now show me where he is!" I said putting a little bit of order into my voice.

"He's t'over there!" Caden said pointing to the shed across the field. "Want meh to come, eh?" He asked licking his lips.

"But you're not killing him!" I warned Caden. I seen the disappointment in his eyes but he managed to pull on a fake smile at me.

"T'ever you say!" He told me and started making his way to the shed.

"Elise, who's collecting the food from the fields?" I call out to a girl who was walking into the kitchen. She looked at me and then a smile appeared on her face.

"Group 3!" She shouted over and I gave her thumbs up. "Where's you goin' Newt?" She called to me.

"Shed!" I simply call back. "Caden hurry up before she starts running after me!" I laughed to Caden and both of us ran to the shed.