𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧: 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞?

Y/n's pov:

"Okay, how about this one?" Aidan suggested to me from my right as he took one of the books off the shelf at the library and handed it to me with a small smile. "Seems like something you'd like." He added examining the book in his hands.

I stopped searching through the other shelves myself and took the book out of his hands to look at it. "Aidan, I read this like 6 months ago." I handed him back the book and continued searching for something else on my own.

"Okay..." He trailed off and also continued searching for other books I haven't read yet.

It was a nice afternoon on a sunny Sunday and we were at our local library because I wanted some new books. I already took a lot from it and I wanted some more when I returned the others. Plus, what other Sunday is better than this?

"Oh, well how about this one?" He handed me another one after a couple of seconds.

I stopped looking and turned around at him with a chuckle. "Aidan, this is one of the books that I took a couple of weeks ago."

But he had enough of me. "It's not fair, Y/n. You read all of the books in here" He chuckled at me pointing around himself.

I turned around with a giggle and still continued digging through the shelves. "Well, there's gotta be something that I haven't read yet. Or something that would just include a nice and coherent love story."

"Hey there, guys." The nice and kind librarian Martha came from my left as I turned to her clearly hiding something in her back. "Y/n, did you find anything you haven't read yet? Or are you having troubles?"

I sighed and scanned all of the visible books. "No, and I don't think that I will by the end of time."

"Really?" She came closer to me. "Well, then how about you try this one?" She handed me a book from her back where she was hiding which I had noticed before. "I'm sure you'll like it, saved it, especially for you."

I strangely looked at it and took it out of her hands to read the title out loud. "How to know if he's the one?" Wait, what is this about?" I asked looking up at her.

"Well, it's a nice and coherent love story. Not too much drama, and very simple, but I think that you won't be needing to find it there because there already is one...just behind you." She pointed behind me with a wide smile spread across her face.

I turned around all confused by her statement only to see Aidan on one knee on the ground and a ring in a small velvet box in his hands. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands after I put the book down on the shelf right next to me and the realization hit me. "Aidan..."

"Y/n, you're the smartest, most extraordinary, interesting, and captivating person I have ever met." Aidan started talking clearly trying to hold back tears. "You make me a better person day and night. You're the reason I can't sleep at night and the reason I wake up in the mornings. You've made my life as gripping as it can be and I would love for it to be that way till the end with the person who's been making it that way. So, Y/n L/n..."

He took a deep and shaky breath as I tried holding back tears which were coming closer and closer to coming out. "...will you marry me?"

I let a cry-laugh not being able to hold in those tears and sobs within me. "Ye-Yes!"

I sobbed out of joy as he stood up and put the ring on my finger. He wrapped his hands around my waist as I wrapped my hands around his neck. We both shared a passionate kiss, it felt like something out of a romance novel.

Then we heard a soft sniffle and chuckle behind us. "Oh, this is even better than the love stories I wrote..."