Once again, the Skyler family has received a slap in the face.

The duke had no other choice but to take Beatrice and his two children home. But before they left, Beatrice glanced at Angelina and gave her a look of concern. They met eyes and Angelina sneakily winked. Only then did Beatrice leave.

"Lady Angelina's crowning? His and her majesty is actually serious about this!"

"Ah, I really can't handle this! I'm feeling faint just from excitement!"

"She turned from a lady to a soon-to-be princess just like that!"

"The Skyler family has really been put to shame. How will they ever dare to reveal their faces after this?"

"It seems the previously admired lady Evelina had fallen down the ranks and been replaced by lady Angelina."

"Pfft. How will anyone dare deem Lady Evelina the top beauty of the empire after this!?"

"These recent months have really come with surprises..."

Everyone was still in the mist of shock that it took some time before the ball could continue on smoothly. The second dance came and Charles wanted to ask Angelina to dance, but alas why must things never go his way?

Charles broke through the crowds of nobles surrounding Angelina and they retreated back obediently. He and Angelina met eyes as he took her hand in his and asked for a dance. Angelina was just about to accept when she felt her hand being pulled away.

She turned her head and Elizabeth pulled her arm.

"Let's dance together, sister Lina! Oh wait, should I call you big sister now? Since we're going to be family soon..." Elizabeth grinned.

"Oh well," Angelina glanced at Charles and laughed awkwardly before answering, "sure princess!"

"Great! This is going to be so much fun! I've been meaning to show you my dancing skills!" Elizabeth buried herself in Angelina's arm and sneakily shot a provoking smirk at the dark faced Charles.

But when Angelina looked at Elizabeth, the provoking smirk was quickly replaced with an innocent, cute smile.

"...???"

Sonia stood amongst the crowd and coldly stared at the charming Angelina and Elizabeth dancing together. She can't believe this day. That girl actually became a princess just like that!? This isn't fair! She's already been immensely blessed by being born into the title of a duke's daughter. Now she's thrusted into having a greater title such as an adopted princess!? How is any of this fair!?

Heaven knows no one else could compare to her in the matter of wishing to raise their status! No one else is as desperate as her!

Noticing Sonia's rising hatred, Harper stroked her back comfortingly. Sonia looked at the beautiful Harper and couldn't stop the taste of bitterness spreading in her mouth.

"It's alright, Sonia. I'm sure you'll find a way. Good things happen to good people." Harper softly uttered with a smile. But her pure behavior only caused Sonia's jealousy to rise.

"No, good things happen to scheming people." Sonia glaced at Angelina before returning her gaze over to Harper. "It's easy for you to say, Harper. You're beautiful, well liked, and have a respectable backing. Unlike you, I don't have a marquess family to protect me. Having a baron as a father isn't easy! Sure I might be higher than servants and commoners, but that's as far as I can get. Aside from that, I'm below every other noble lady. I'm nothing more than a lowly servant in their eyes!"

"Lady Sonia..." Harper gasped, "That's not true! I don't think of you like that in any way! Lady Evelina also doesn't look down on you..."

"You don't see me like that because your not a true aristocrat! There's not a trace of nobility running in your blood! You're just a commoner who got lucky!" Sonia snapped. She didn't forget Evelina's advice in maintaining a friendship with Harper, but... She can't stand it anymore!