55.5

A/N: okay uhm to note for a sec....there was a mistake on chapter 55. It seems my WiFi had some problems and they cut out the part where he explained their past...

Guess my WiFi also like to make cliffhangers...
_______________________

As he laid there on the cold ground, he tried his best to cover every inch of his body with a thin blanket.

He didn't know how he got here. He just...somehow woke up here...

He was sure he went to sleep in his bedroom fit for a prince.

So...how did he end up here...?

His stomach was growling. He was so cold and hungry.

Just as he was about to give up and lose hope, she appeared.

Her enchanting emerald eyes stared at him with sympathy and concern. Her long black hair was waving around in the winter wind.

She reached out her arms and said to him,

"Poor boy.... You must be so hungry and cold... Why don't you follow this noble big sister home? I'll give you a nice place to stay and delicious food! It's definitely better than staying here right?"

He was a little hesitant, but he decided to accept her kind favor. He couldn't survive in the cold any longer.

Behind her was a young maid and she called out to the maid.

"Emma, I'm going to take him back with me"

"But miss, the marquess will never allow this!"

"As long as he doesn't know, he'll not do anything"

The maid was taken aback. This was the first time her lady dare disobey the marquess. Seeing how determined she was, Emma sighed and nodded.

She turned back to him with a bright smile, "come on! Don't stay here! There's dirty rats and bugs everywhere!" She pulled him up and pulled him into her carriage.

"Miss how are we going to bring him in?"

"Hmm.....oh! I have a plan!"

"...." Charles, for some unknown reason... had a bad feeling.

"Welcome back, m'lady" the butler bowed as he greeted the young Lilith back home.

Then he looked at her personal maid....and found that something was off....

"Sister Emma....I think there's something wrong with your skirt..."

Lilith had come up with the bright plan...to hide Charles under Emma's dress!

Emma's face showed she was uncomfortable. Good thing maids wear several layers of dresses....

"I'm in a rush, Carson! Emma isn't feeling well..!" Lilith blurted out.

"Then we should get the docto-"

"Nope! It's okay!" Then both Emma and Lilith rushed in and into her room.

".....yes..m'lady..."

Back in Lilith's room, the three were panting out of nervousness. Lilith immediately let Charles out from under Emma's dress.

"......." Charles never expected that one day, he, a prince would be shoved under a maid's dress to sneak in someone's home.

"Haha....sorry..." Lilith's face showed an apologetic expression. "I-i.. I'll make sure to give you many delicious food!"

The young Charles immediately forgotten what he experienced and nodded eagerly. He was so hungry!

"...." Lilith blinked a couple times in surprise. Then she let out a giggle, and immediately tried to hide it. She just though he was cute...she didn't mean to lose her prideful and poker face.

Lilith's face immediately turned red from embarrassment.

Looking at the two children, Emma smiled. They were both so cute. Even if one of them was sometimes overly proud and arrogant....

"Miss where will he sleep?"

"Uhmm....what about the closet? We can make a little bed or something...we can give him a matress and some sheets and blankets to sleep on!"

Lilith's closet was huge. It was more of an extra room than a closet...

Emma thought it over and nodded. Then she left to get the two some warm tea.

"Hmph! Now you see how great this sister is!" Lilith proudly proclaimed. Raising her chin up.

"Yes. Your are very amazing and kind" he smiled sincerely.

"......" Lilith blinked a couple times in surprise. She didn't actually expect him to say that...

But she didn't find a single trace of mockery in his eyes....

"Uhmm...yeah! I am amazing!" Lilith smiled brightly.

Charles felt his heart flutter slightly. Her smile was really beautiful...

He suddenly remembered a poem his mother read to him..

[Her smile was so beautiful it put the flowers to shame
Her voice so gentle and elegant, it overshadowed the moon]