103

"You brat! How dare you!" The woman shouted with rage as she pulled Arianna's hair.

"Mother! What is it!?" Arianna was startled. What did she do wrong...?

"You work for Angel!? Your being praised as a young genius!? Haha! Very good! B*tch! You don't deserve it!" Marchioness Chandler screamed hysterically and pulled Arianna's hair with greater strength.

After a while Arianna was finally able to push her stepmother away.

She thought it would make her stepmother and father proud. Shouldn't it have brought honor to her family?

Her father was proud.... He even spared some time from his busy schedule to spend time with her...

So... Why is her stepmother not happy? She thought they were close...

But there was so much hatred in those eyes....

"Little b*tch! You should have died with your stupid mother!" The Marchioness started running towards Arianna with great speed.

With just a slight movement, Arianna dodged and the marchioness lunged onto the air, then she fell on the floor. Face first.

Arianna didn't even cast her stepmother a glace as she left the room...and locked the door.

"You! How dare you!" The Marchioness screamed from the inside.

"Don't worry mother. Someone will unlock the door.... Eventually.."

***********
A sigh escaped Arianna's lips as she sat down in an empty parlor.

She never knew her mother could say such things to her. She had never seen her mother act like that before...

She thought she knew everything. She thought her stepmother was sincere. But again... It's all fake.

"Young lady...?" Arianna's first rank maid entered the parlor.

"I'm alright. Just shocked..." Arianna rubbed her eyes. She suddenly felt a strange sense of overwhelming emotion. But no matter what... She can't cry.

"If miss say so... What shall we do about her grace?" Her maid asked. Arianna's maid heard everything. She was just outside the room.

"Leave her there for a while. I don't want to see her for now..." Arianna subconsciously reached out her hand to grab a teacup. But there was no tea...

"...." She sighed once more.

Drinking tea has always been a way to calm herself. It was a habit she developed from her biological mother.

"How about miss visits lady Angelina?" Her maid smiled and knelt beside Arianna.

"Hm? Why so suddenly?" Arianna asked.

"Miss seems like miss needs someone to talk to, and miss always seems to be having a pleasant time when around that young lady."

"Hmm. Alright then. Prepare a carriage! I do hope lady Angelina doesn't find me troublesome for coming unannounced..." Arianna stood up and helped her maid up.

***********

"Lady Arianna? Why have you come?" Angelina blinked her eyes innocently, looking clueless.

"Could I speak to lady Angelina?" Arianna asked.

"Of course. Please, follow me." Angelina smiled and led Arianna to get drawing room.

When they arrived, Angelina immediately asked Arianna if she would like to be served tea. But Arianna refused.

"This seems to be quite serious..." Angelina sat down.