98

They watched as the pretty doll with black hair and emerald eyes was buried in the flames. It's dark green dress was burned to a black color.

Angelina knew. She knew this was a threat. She bowed her head and thought for a moment.

Evelina remained where she stood. Her eyes never left Angelina. As if trying to catch her reaction. But... It wasn't what she expected.

"Hehehe..." A cold chuckle was heard.

Angelina raised her head and smiled at the shocked blonde beauty.

"You don't love Chase, do you?" Angelina asked.

"What...?" Evelina stated at her enemy with puzzlement.

"I thought I would be more surprised... But I'm not. The only thing in your heart is power and status." Angelina sneered.

"...."

"I may not have been close to my past adoptive mother, but at least she taught me something. She told me being too greedy will only lead to disaster." Angelina directed her gaze back to the burning doll and smiled mockingly.

Looking back at the blonde beauty in front of her, who had her brows furrowed, Angelina chuckled once more.

"I guess that power hungry father of your's never taught you that..." Angelina sighed.

"Are you satisfied Evelina? Does doing this make you happy?" Angelina asked. "Say.... Truly what do you want?"

"What do I want...?" Evelina muttered. Her head was slightly lowered. Causing Angelina to lose sight of her face.

"What I do want!?" Evelina suddenly raised her voice. She raised her head and faced the silver haired lady.

"Isn't it obvious!?" Evelina paused before shouting, " You may call me cruel and ruthless... But I'm merely playing by the rules! I'm sure you know how the world we live in works! Our life's a game and to win we must gain more power and wealth!"

"Why is this so important to you? And... Why do hate me so much? It's not because of Chase, right?" Angelina asked with a straight face.

"It doesn't really matter. Chase? He's merely another stepping stool for me. Another pawn. But... He's a very important pawn. So I will not let you take him away from me." Evelina glared fiercely glared at Angelina.

"Take him away?" a smile graced Angelina's delicate face. "Who said anything about that? You can have him if you like. But... If he makes a move to go against me... I'll have no choice but to discard him along with you."

"Pfft... Discard me? Do you really think you can? I won't let you." Evelina laughed. "Even if you posses the face of my younger sister, your still the abandoned daughter of the Bailey family in the inside."

"Shut up..." Angelina frowned.

"Your still Lilith Bailey inside. No. Is Lilith the commoner better?" Evelina started to get closer.

"....."

"Or perhaps Lilith the fake aristocrat... Ah!" Before Evelina could finish her sentence, she was slapped in the face.

"You should've took the chance to shut that dirty mouth of your's earlier." Angelina stated as her hand was still in the position when she slapped Evelina. Both her gaze and tone was cold.

"...." Evelina didn't say anything. With a shocked expression, Evelina placed her hand on her red and swollen cheek.

A white, slender hand reached over and turned Evelina's head by the chin. The blue and golden eyes met.